Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to renew the insurance

Time to renew the insurance

I'm looking at renewing my insurance . As I'm a resident in England can I still joins sacs ? They seem to beat basc hands down !
    If a basc rep is on the sight , please do try and twist my arm

Its all down to choice mate. SACS, BDS, BASC, NGO. You can join SACS through the site, you do not have to be a Scottish resident. Or any of the other organisations, the important part is to remember we are all on the same side.

Catch uo soon mate, will be down your way in a couple of weeks.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Why are you only concerned about insurance, without having strong organisations campaigning for our rights, you may not need insurance in the future as you will have no sport to insure for. I have shot for many yrs in the USA and never met anyone who does not subscribe to the NRA, and when they shout government listens, Unlike the petty squabbling we have overhere, and shooters more interested in cheap insurance than there future sports

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Why are you only concerned about insurance, without having strong organisations campaigning for our rights, you may not need insurance in the future as you will have no sport to insure for. I have shot for many yrs in the USA and never met anyone who does not subscribe to the NRA, and when they shout government listens, Unlike the petty squabbling we have overhere, and shooters more interested in cheap insurance than there future sports

+1

​Mulac

+2
    ​Willie

Completely agree

Insurance seems so important to some but does anyone know of a claim being made?

I choose to be a member of BDS, but I insure, through this site with SACS.

The SACS insurance AFAIK is much more comprehensive than that offered by BDS, and less costly. And I understand that SACS are well versed in looking after their members' interests in case of legal complications, which is not a service offered by BDS.

So two different organisations are supported by me.

I did consider BASC where membership and insurance are wrapped up together, but did not feel that my specific interests were mainstream to them, so would rather send my funds to a couple of more focussed organisations.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Completely agree

Insurance seems so important to some but does anyone know of a claim being made?
    I have never claimed on my house insurance, but wouldn't be without it!

Last edited by JabaliHunter; 29-03-2013 at 19:40.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Completely agree

I know someone who claimed from Basc after someone shot through a hedge and hit his Discovery, they ended up with a lot of work to remove the lead staining.

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    I have never claimed on my house insurance, but wouldn't be without it!

I wouldn't be without Insurance either it but that seems to be the only reason that some people subscribe to any organisation.