Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bambridges, norfolk........

Bambridges, norfolk........

Ok, so perhaps I should have checked before going stalking this evening, but do any of the Norfolk contingent know if bambridge's are open tomorrow........shot two hinds this evening, I either need to take to them or find someone with a chiller until after the bank holiday....! Oops!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Ok, so perhaps I should have checked before going stalking this evening, but do any of the Norfolk contingent know if bambridge's are open tomorrow........shot two hinds this evening, I either need to take to them or find someone with a chiller until after the bank holiday....! Oops!
    i would have tought so , prob open till lunch time , give them a call first thing i think they open at 7.30am.

i was heading there myself with a big hind shot this eve , but local butcher is now having it , so that saves me a hell of a hike cross country !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Cheers lee, I figured they don't normally close for anything less than apocalyptic reasons, but Sod's law etc......I'll run them over in the morning. Really ought to have thought about it before pulling the trigger.......twice!

Cheers lee, I figured they don't normally close for anything less than apocalyptic reasons, but Sod's law etc......I'll run them over in the morning. Really ought to have thought about it before pulling the trigger.......twice!
    been there done that and regetted it especially at last light when they were standing 200yds out in the middle of a beet field and cant get me truck to them

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Tell me about it! These ones keep residing in a particularly wet bit of ground. Last week I shot a hind which I had to drag 200m through seriously wet boggy ground, it took me 1 and a half hours to mover her 200m, I was shagged!
    Luckily I got the truck near to these two otherwise I probably wouldn't be typing this right now, but still out dragging!

I would sooner bury a deer in the woods than sell it to them.

You need a Winch in a bag mate!
    http://www.superwinch.co.uk/product.asp?pid=11
    Coupled with a long length of paracord with a small loop tied every 14m will save you killing yourself! They cost about 150 but can be used for extraction, self recovery, hoisting for suspended gralloch, pulling animal onto vehicle/trailer, etc. they also do a 2500lb version but the pull length is shorter.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    You need a Winch in a bag mate!
    http://www.superwinch.co.uk/product.asp?pid=11
    Coupled with a long length of paracord with a small loop tied every 14m will save you killing yourself! They cost about 150 but can be used for extraction, self recovery, hoisting for suspended gralloch, pulling animal onto vehicle/trailer, etc. they also do a 2500lb version but the pull length is shorter.
    MS
    got a winch, but still need to be close enough with the truck! Ground is too wet currently, that's all......I can normally drive on it, but not at present, it's under standing water!
    Mr Lewis, you're a long way from Norfolk to have such destain for bambridge's, what's the issue, I've never had any issues?

got a winch, but still need to be close enough with the truck! Ground is too wet currently, that's all......I can normally drive on it, but not at present, it's under standing water!
    Mr Lewis, you're a long way from Norfolk to have such destain for bambridge's, what's the issue, I've never had any issues?
    Not if you have a long enough rope you don't! It will just take several pulls!
    Bambridge was only paying 40p/kg for red a few yaers ago! He's slightly better now, but still about 70p/kg less than a nearby rival! He wouldn't get anything off me either!

Which rival.......rigby?