Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driven Boar in the UK

Driven Boar in the UK

Is it possible to shoot driven wild boar in the UK or is it only abroad?

I ask as I heard a rumour driven boar shooting is available somewhere in the SW of Scotland.

Anyone heard of this or know any details?

Was a chap who tried it in SW Scotland, about 5 years ago, did at least two driven days.

Basically tame black pigs getting driven through a small block of woodland.

Organised by a writer from a national shooting magazine, and a chap who posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by rarms View Post
    Was a chap who tried it in SW Scotland, about 5 years ago, did at least two driven days.

Basically tame black pigs getting driven through a small block of woodland.

Organised by a writer from a national shooting magazine, and a chap who posts on here.
    Sounds somewhat un-sporting! The one I heard about was recently, within a year and was apparently 500 per gun. I don't know where it took place in SW Scotland or what was shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku6000 View Post
    Sounds somewhat un-sporting! The one I heard about was recently, within a year and was apparently 500 per gun. I don't know where it took place in SW Scotland or what was shot.
    That was about the cost on the two days I referred to. Was on an estate called Carminnows, although I think I remember reading that it had been sold since. There was a thread on here about it a few years back...

It was local to me about 3 weeks ago , 20 guns sold at 500 per gun for one day
    Not one boar shot or even seen , just about impossible to do on this ground where
    they were trying to drive them to guns on open ground when they had plenty other forestry to run into
    over the boundary wall

You didn't fancy a gun then Colin for a mere 500.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    It was local to me about 3 weeks ago , 20 guns sold at 500 per gun for one day Not one boar shot or even seen , just about impossible to do on this ground where they were trying to drive them to guns on open ground when they had plenty other forestry to run into over the boundary wall

Heard in the grapevine it was disaster......! mind you the fellow lifting the 10k will not be complaining.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

I could have had a free gun , it was on some of my land , decided against it and went
    stalking goats instead

It was done to raise money for the local hunt , it was fairly well organised by a local guy
    I didnt want to be involved after the write-up in the papers about my boar outings last year
    I had a fair idea none would be seen so left them to it
    It wont be done again on the same land ,

Fortunately Hi-Viz jackets don't have the same effect as good dogs.....
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"