Remington 700 wont fire??

multiman

Hi guys I dropped my bolt today it hit the folle not hard but now it wont fire? I have stripped the bolt and inspected the fireing pin and I cant see anything wrong. Any ideas?

I think I have found the problem I have also just fitted new scope mount and the front ones are too long. This is not letting the bolt fully close looks like problem solved. Had nothing to do with dropping the bolt!

Could have been worse just think what would have happened if you had dropped a blaser bolt you would have been still picking up the bits now :stir:
good old remy !
​Norma

Must admit I have had a misfire because the bolt was not fully down. I like the Remmie action but think it would be better if the safety locked the bolt like the Tikka does

To be honest I had ignored the fact that I had fitted new scope mounts (Leupold) took the rifle to the range to sight in and dropped the bolt on the floor. Could not see any damage on the bolt. Then when I tried to fire it just went click so I thought it was down to me droping the bolt.
On further investigation I found that the front screws on the scope mount were a tad too long and stopping the bolt fully closing. Has anyone else come accross this?

To be honest I had ignored the fact that I had fitted new scope mounts (Leupold) took the rifle to the range to sight in and dropped the bolt on the floor. Could not see any damage on the bolt. Then when I tried to fire it just went click so I thought it was down to me droping the bolt.
On further investigation I found that the front screws on the scope mount were a tad too long and stopping the bolt fully closing. Has anyone else come accross this?
Had the same problem with my Leupold bases just a few weeks ago, contacted Leupold and they stated that the screw set is tailored to the Remmington 700 action so they will all fit if you juggle around with them.

ATB

​Jim

Must admit I have had a misfire because the bolt was not fully down. I like the Remmie action but think it would be better if the safety locked the bolt like the Tikka does

And like the Sako but still haven't worked out this great advantage between my Sako and Remington?!?!
You can still open both on safe.

Back