Thread: Swarovski ct75/85

Swarovski ct75/85

Has anyone any experience of using the Swarovski draw scopes, any info on them much appreciated.

wicklow202

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    wicklow

I've not used the Swaro draw scopes, but I've got one of the similar scopes from Optolyth. I've used it on both range work and on the Hill to good effect, although it's a bit of a weight to carry round. The Swaro would - I am sure - be a lot lighter and better quality. One thing to bear in mind is that you can't make a waterproof draw telescope!!

The latest Sporting Shooter has a review of the Gray's traditional three draw telescope if you're interested.

willie_gunn

I have used them but not for a while. If you are going to use it for stalking then I would strongly recommend getting the body and a variable eyepiece rather than the fixed mag one. As with all things Swarovski, the quality is outstanding. I don't think that there is too much flexibility in price with stuff these days but I would buy from a bird watching shop rather than a shooting one, I find the guys generally know a lot more about optics and you get some great second-hand deals. I use Cley Spy or In-Focus. JC

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    wicklow

Also found this review:

http://www.betterviewdesired.com/Swa...-75-and-85.php

willie_gunn

My stalking partner has the Swarvo and while we don't use it a lot on the roe, it is just the thing for glassing across valleys from the truck.

It has saved us a walk or two when we have been able to accurately identify the sex of a roe from a good distance away.

It is then a pleasure to observe the beast going about its business through crystal clear optics!

Novice

Swarovski ct75/85

Thanks for all the replies,

wicklow202

Wicklow,

I have the 30 and it is brilliant. I carry it in the car all the time and I know what ground I need to take it with me on. I was surprised at the ability to use it in lower light conditions as well. It can save you wasting your time on stalking into something that you dont really want to be stalking.

The variable one would definately be the better option but the 30 is still very good.