Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom knife maker

Custom knife maker

I was wondering if anyone knows who I can contact to make me a custom knife. If there are any websites I can look at I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Loads. For a good start, go to British Blades (www.britishblades.com/forums/index.php). There are stacks of custom knife makers there, able to make pretty much anything to your specification, or even just an idea you have...

I recommend Alan Wood in Cumbria 100%.
    I have 2 from him that I bought 20 years ago, ( before they became as desirable as they are now) They are great knives, but I leave them at home nowadays and use Victorinox boning knives in the field at a tenner a go.

Whilst Tony does not make knives he sells them for a living and is very knowledgable.

www.moonrakerknives.co.uk

He will be able to advise you on who to go to.

www.berax.co.uk- Bernie Garland has made several knives for me and my friends and they are great with a unique and patented design for the gralloching knive.

I recommend a guy called Phil Siddel. He made my Knife it;s the Damascus hunter which you can see on his website. All hand forged, Used Thuderforge Damascus from the US and It'll do at least 6 Fallow between having to re-Sharpen's touching the bone the lot.

http://www.forgedknives.co.uk/

Jason

Geoff Hague is back making fixed blades again. Lovely knives though pricey.

Didn't know Geoff was making fixed blades again......

Made me a fab knife in 2000 - its gutted hundreds of rabbits, plenty roe/red and Wilderbeest.....

My wife's expecting at the end of Jan - if its a boy I'll order a fixed blade for him - will probably be a 2yr wait as the last one but worth it...

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    I recommend a guy called Phil Siddel. He made my Knife it;s the Damascus hunter which you can see on his website. All hand forged, Used Thuderforge Damascus from the US and It'll do at least 6 Fallow between having to re-Sharpen's touching the bone the lot.

http://www.forgedknives.co.uk/

Jason
    Unfortunately Phil Siddel is not making knives any more, shame as they looked cracking bits of kit.

Taken from his web site.

Due to other work commitments I have decided not to undertake to make any more knives for the foreseeable future.

Kind regards

Philip Siddell

Quote Originally Posted by pip
    Geoff Hague is back making fixed blades again. Lovely knives though pricey.
    i think he had a stand at the midland game fair nice but to expensive to take out in the field the one i liked was 280 quid