Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sling, Deer Carrier, Bullet Pouches, Dog Collars, etc.

Sling, Deer Carrier, Bullet Pouches, Dog Collars, etc.

Pietas Venatores offers a line of the finest leatherware products designed for the stalker that is looking for beauty, craftsmanship and quality that will last a lifetime.

These products are on demand orders, and we only carry a very small selection of stock at present.

All products are in Oak Bark Tanned full grain leather, free from any surface imperfections so will age beautifully. Edges are dyed and burnished. Thread is hand spun and waxed linen. All stitching is half-hitched to ensure any breakages would not run. The slings and deer carrier have suede lining to ensure non-slip even when wet, the dog collar is sheepskin lined.

All comes with the highest quality brass-ware.

These are products designed for the stalker, and designed to last more than a lifetime.

Sling:
    Attachment 26535Attachment 26536Attachment 26537

Deer Carrier:
    Attachment 26538Attachment 26539

Bullet Pouches - these are wet moulded to your cartridge requirements, and can be built for 10 rounds if required. They have a 2" belt loop integrated. We also currently have a small selection in stock in vegetable tan leather discounted for clearance (pictured)as all future stock will be in Oak Bark Tanned Leather.
    Attachment 26540
    Please note we can also do an open bullet pouch for 5 rounds on request.

Dog Collar: for sizes, please measure end of prong to most used hole.
    Attachment 26541

We also do bolt holsters, but do not have a picture at present, we are also working on a custom blaser and blaser left hand bolt holster.

Please PM me for your requirements and to discuss prices and delivery times.

Thanks,

Pietas Venatores
    Last edited by pietasvenatores; 02-04-2013 at 08:44.

A couple of in-stock vegetable tanned leather closed 5 round bullet pouches still for sale. All other products now on approx. 8 week back order.

Thank you for your orders/enquiries, I appreciate the positive feedback on these products.

Kind regards,

PV

Ttt.
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

Hi

It would be useful to put the prices in the post too

Scrun

Prices added FYI:

Deer carrier - £160
    Sling - £250
    Dog Collar - depends on size, but 'Lab' size - £130
    Open bullet pouches in Oak Bark Tanned Leather £120.
    Closed bullet pouches £140 - Illustrated in Vegetable Tanned Leather are now £50, reduced from £70.
    Bolt holster - £140; £160 for blaser bolts and add £20 for Left Hand bolts
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

bump

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    Prices added FYI: Deer carrier - £160 Sling - £250 Dog Collar - depends on size, but 'Lab' size - £130 Open bullet pouches in Oak Bark Tanned Leather £120. Closed bullet pouches £140 - Illustrated in Vegetable Tanned Leather are now £50, reduced from £70. Bolt holster - £140; £160 for blaser bolts and add £20 for Left Hand bolts
    not trying to do anything but give you good customer feedback, but those prices seem pretty high in my book, despite the quality etc. i just wouldnt pay £130 for a dog collar....maybe for a third of a dog......good luck and I hope things go well.

Quote Originally Posted by biffo View Post
    not trying to do anything but give you good customer feedback, but those prices seem pretty high in my book, despite the quality etc. i just wouldnt pay £130 for a dog collar....maybe for a third of a dog......good luck and I hope things go well.
    Thanks for the input, do you think a pair of Church's shoes are too pricey, I don't I love them a sling takes 5 days work to do, the collars 3. These are hand stitched and half-hitched with hand spun and waxed linen thread, you will not find finer. It would be nice to offer a fine Oak Bar Tanned leather collar with sheepskin lining for £25, but as that would not even pay for the leather, let alone the rest of the materials, the labour, or any profits, you just can't ask for that unless you support local manufacturing in Chinese sweatshops.

Interestingly, at the Kelso Deerstalking Fair, a very high profile company owner of fine (somewhat equivalent) luxury leather goods was very impressed with my products, and remarked that he could not understand we were able to produce and sell them at such low prices.

You will find the equivalently made slings at the likes of Purdey and H&H, closer to £400.

I appreciate it is not for the budget conscious buyer, but these are products of quality designed to last a lifetime of use. Personally I'd rather pay £160 for a beautiful deer carrier that will last, than £40-£60 on china made junk every few years, and the same for slings to be honest.

Most people who have purchased these items are rather surprised at the quality, there are miles of difference between these products and the average veg-tan and wet moulded stuff you see for sale in many other places, which in reality, is quite overpriced for what you get. If you've got a nice rifle with a high grade wood, are you really going to stick a factory sling on there? really?

If you have appreciate quality and beauty, strength, heritage, local manufacturing, and you have the cash to spare, these are products for you. If you don't, there's always other choices out there

Once again, thank you to all customers and those just enquiring, or just those commenting, including you of course Biffo. All your custom, feedback, and ideas for new custom products are much appreciated.

Ps. Belts - I have had a number of enquiries, however, due to the time involved stitching wise, these are currently not on my priority list, but if you do have a specific project in mind, don't hesitate to ask.

Yours Sincerely,

Peter

Loakes dear boy,, far nicer than Church`s,, for those in the know that is.

I think your goods look fantastic, and I agree that at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    Thanks for the input, do you think a pair of Church's shoes are too pricey, I don't I love them a sling takes 5 days work to do, the collars 3. These are hand stitched and half-hitched with hand spun and waxed linen thread, you will not find finer. It would be nice to offer a fine Oak Bar Tanned leather collar with sheepskin lining for £25, but as that would not even pay for the leather, let alone the rest of the materials, the labour, or any profits, you just can't ask for that unless you support local manufacturing in Chinese sweatshops.

Interestingly, at the Kelso Deerstalking Fair, a very high profile company owner of fine (somewhat equivalent) luxury leather goods was very impressed with my products, and remarked that he could not understand we were able to produce and sell them at such low prices.

You will find the equivalently made slings at the likes of Purdey and H&H, closer to £400.

I appreciate it is not for the budget conscious buyer, but these are products of quality designed to last a lifetime of use. Personally I'd rather pay £160 for a beautiful deer carrier that will last, than £40-£60 on china made junk every few years, and the same for slings to be honest.

Most people who have purchased these items are rather surprised at the quality, there are miles of difference between these products and the average veg-tan and wet moulded stuff you see for sale in many other places, which in reality, is quite overpriced for what you get. If you've got a nice rifle with a high grade wood, are you really going to stick a factory sling on there? really?

If you have appreciate quality and beauty, strength, heritage, local manufacturing, and you have the cash to spare, these are products for you. If you don't, there's always other choices out there

Once again, thank you to all customers and those just enquiring, or just those commenting, including you of course Biffo. All your custom, feedback, and ideas for new custom products are much appreciated.

Ps. Belts - I have had a number of enquiries, however, due to the time involved stitching wise, these are currently not on my priority list, but if you do have a specific project in mind, don't hesitate to ask.

Yours Sincerely,

Peter
    ​good answer, good luck!