cz 452 over size bolt knob fitting help

exmarksman9870

Hello, im wanting to fit a over size bolt knob to a cz452, does any one sell the knobs on here and able to fit them. cheers

ezzy job to do your self .
grind bolt round nob to a stud /bar and die'thread it it to say a 1/2 unf or what the new ball thread would be you can get a ball (correct thread size from midway uk, or any gun maker, you have some good ones your way cullen f comes to mind cost would prob be under £200 if you are not happy doing it your self :tiphat:

First how old is your 452, if a few years old it may have a hole in the original knob ?
If it has it can be threaded, someone stateside was making a knob that fitted over the original.
If no hole then grinding down and threading will sort it, as will an over size knob with a hole in it that
can be glued over the original.

Neil. :)

Kits are readily available - you just take apart the bolt and fit the new handle with oversized bolt already attached.

If you can't find online then Bisley shop sells them.

Kits are readily available - you just take apart the bolt and fit the new handle with oversized bolt already attached.

been looking on line for the bolt knob already done but nothing...any links mate.....

been looking on line for the bolt knob already done but nothing...any links mate.....

Can't find the links anymore but saw them for sale at bisley rifle range last time I was there (in the booking office) - am due up there again soon so will pick one up and if you don't want it I'll sell it or use it myself :)

And how will you set and adjust the head space after this is done ?

The head space is set by the bolt handle, not the bolt.

Agreed. Headspace is set by the bolt handle on the CZ/Brno's. I have been assembling Brno#1's for the last couple of months and bolt handles are the key. As an aside, a buddy built a CZ tactical bolt and needed to change his rings for scope clearance.~Muir

Of course when the knob is closed the head space is set...but there must be away as cz sell replacment bolts online for the 452....

I honestly thought the bolt lift slipped onto the bolt and rested on a collar that then moved to close head space...anybody advice....

The bolt lugs are on the bolt handle collar, to adjust the head space the collar is ground to a size that suits the rife and bolt.
​I have tried swapping bolts on 452's sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

The bolt lugs are on the bolt handle collar, to adjust the head space the collar is ground to a size that suits the rife and bolt.
​I have tried swapping bolts on 452's sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

cheers mate.. So i will order the knob and get the bolt screw cut etc... Magic.

Back