Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what if

what if

There are no boar near me at the moment, but what if in time I stumble across 1 whilst out stalking a munty and I only have a 223 with me, is there a law that says I cannot shoot it, as I have been looking and cannot find a defined answer as to the minimum calibre. Only a recommended one. And also they have no seasons and read they are classed as vermin so would come under my fac as other vermin. Tin hat on fire away...

I would say you could shoot it if you have the landowners permission but im sure plenty will disagree

Shoot it if you think your man enough to track a wounded boar Had to put the rolling eye smiley as there's no wänker one.

Quote Originally Posted by nod View Post
    There are no boar near me at the moment, but what if in time I stumble across 1 whilst out stalking a munty and I only have a 223 with me, is there a law that says I cannot shoot it, as I have been looking and cannot find a defined answer as to the minimum calibre. Only a recommended one. And also they have no seasons and read they are classed as vermin so would come under my fac as other vermin. Tin hat on fire away...
    I have my .22lr for 'vermin'....it doesnt mean common sense can go out the window! perhaps I'll give it a go on a boar some time......on second thoughts I think I will go with the right tool for the job, if you think it is ever likely to occur I would suggest getting a bigger deer calibre and keep the 223 for its intended purpose.......
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by Jagare View Post
    Shoot it if you think your man enough to track a wounded boar Had to put the rolling eye smiley as there's no wänker one.
    Subtle as ever Jagare, why don't you tell it how it is.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

That made me laugh

April and fool spring to mind just can't make up my mind which one lol !
    Be like a wasp sting really
    regards
    ​norma

Jagare I asked a question not for insults. Is this not a place for questions or advice? .223 to the head will stop anything in this country. Was asking if it is legal or not.