Thread: not a great day

not a great day

Set out this morning at 6. The trip down to the borders was uneventful. The 20 minute hike up the hill to the block was knackering. took the 308 out the slip to set up only to discover I had the bolt from the 243

so with much swearing I set of for home. , 10 mins into my journey the defenders steering went heavy, the battery light came on and ( fanbelt???)something popped under the bonnet and blue rubbery smoke filled the air. ,

i called the AA who said they would be there within the hour .56mins later they arrived

he put the Landy on a low loader and brought me home. Now the wife wants me to paint the spare room !!!!!

I don't know what's worse... you have a Landy or you have a .243

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    Got to be the Landy as I have a 243 on my ticket for deer and fox
    DJC

going right aff you lol

Peugeot me off. Nothing wrong with landy's Pauline! Unlike the cheese eating surrender monkey that you drive!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Horrible story, you made a mistake just going straight home you could have at least done some reconnaissance .

Is it true Peugeots have one forward and 4 reverse gears like french tanks??

I've done the same but with the bullets. Arrived at land. All ready to set off opened my bullet wallet to find 6.5 bullets instead of the .243 bullets. Also alot of swearing. On the drive home pass a fox middle of an open field on my permission. More swearing followed.

Ouch. That's a bit harsh I own both.
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    Set out this morning at 6. The trip down to the borders was uneventful. The 20 minute hike up the hill to the block was knackering. took the 308 out the slip to set up only to discover I had the bolt from the 243

so with much swearing I set of for home. , 10 mins into my journey the defenders steering went heavy, the battery light came on and ( fanbelt???)something popped under the bonnet and blue rubbery smoke filled the air. ,

i called the AA who said they would be there within the hour .56mins later they arrived

he put the Landy on a low loader and brought me home. Now the wife wants me to paint the spare room !!!!!

That last bit left me with sore sides. I am sorry after the day you have had but I just couldn't help it