Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: c w d essex frirst one?

c w d essex frirst one?

hi all. just got back from fantastic w/end stalking @ six churches estate sudbury with mr peter jagger and roger jones. went up a few weeks ago to finish off my level two. did the second and third stalk job done. must post it off today, anyway had the chance to go again this w/end just had to deer everwhere went over to some farms at belchamp st paul. stalked an shot a Chinese water deer on saturday 30th. peter said that they had never seen cwd here before and that it might be a first in essex? called back to show the gentleman farmer and he said yes i saw a few of those last year whilst combine harvesting so there must be more there.
    anyway must say thanks to peter roger and sally for a very memorable trip.
    all the best stephen

I cannot understand why he let you shoot it if he thought it may be the first one in Essex ?
    Last edited by mudman; 02-04-2013 at 19:42.

Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    I cannot understand why he let you shoot it if he thought it may be the first one in Essex ?
    Me too?!?!

Probably coz it was in season and he mite not want them on his land two good reasons

Oh and well done Tonto their only jealous take no notice
    Last edited by 375 mag; 02-04-2013 at 19:57.

Did 2 of my level 2 stalks with roger and Peter and there two of the best people you could ever stalk with!

Totally agree Mudman an R8user. And I'm Not jealous having shot plenty of C.W.D also Belchamp St.Pauls is in Suffolk. If the Stalkers did not know there was C.W.D around why shoot it !!!! Also by the sounds of it they Don't know the ground ( farmer say he saw them at Harvest)IMHO it's a shame to hear

Well done tonto
    cwd need to be shot on sight if they not in Bedford ha ha
    ​regards andy

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Probably coz it was in season and he mite not want them on his land two good reasons

Oh and well done Tonto their only jealous take no notice
    I'm in no way jealous having shot all species in UK, inc high end medals of all and plenty of foreign game.

I just find it odd that people see something , especially a species that hasn't spread very far, and shoot it. Just my opinion , that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by tonto View Post
    hi all. just got back from fantastic w/end stalking @ six churches estate sudbury with mr peter jagger and roger jones. went up a few weeks ago to finish off my level two. did the second and third stalk job done. must post it off today, anyway had the chance to go again this w/end just had to deer everwhere went over to some farms at belchamp st paul. stalked an shot a Chinese water deer on saturday 30th. peter said that they had never seen cwd here before and that it might be a first in essex? called back to show the gentleman farmer and he said yes i saw a few of those last year whilst combine harvesting so there must be more there.
    anyway must say thanks to peter roger and sally for a very memorable trip.
    all the best stephen
    What was your reason for shooting it ?

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    Money, money, money, money.
    Kudos.
    They have other CWD stalking.

Nah, MONEY
    Last edited by teyhan1; 03-04-2013 at 07:29.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama