Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Good Gunsmith in Dumfries and Galloway or thereabouts

  1. #1

    Good Gunsmith in Dumfries and Galloway or thereabouts

    I have a 90's LH Sako M591 .243 and want to get the barrel threaded and maybe some bedding work done on the stock, can any of you guys recommend a very good gunsmith to carry out this work ?
    I would prefer to deliver my rifle and pick it up rather than posting hence the area specific question but I don't mind travelling 100 miles or so.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

    Cheers

    MarkC

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Grampian Guns (RFD)
    Independant Moderator / Supressor Suppliers
    ..........for those who like a quiet life !
    Our mission.......Customer satisfaction......plain and simple.

  4. #4
    Wouldn't give them the custom remmy700, no disrespect to yourself meant, went up their with a mate a couple of months ago, he was looking for a new rifle, was in the shop for nearly an hour and wasn't even given the slightest recognition because the clay pigeon brigade were in, bought a rifle from them in the past but never again, they had very little rifle stock in anyway but the shop was packed with shotguns.
    Thanks for your reply though, much appreciated.

    Cheers

    MarkC

  5. #5
    Mark C,

    Can recommend Wallace at Jackson Rifles.

    ​Stan

  6. #6
    Wallace McRae

    Wallace works for PJ but has his own business:

    http://www.turnrightgalloway.com/

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxecosse View Post
    Wouldn't give them the custom remmy700, no disrespect to yourself meant, went up their with a mate a couple of months ago, he was looking for a new rifle, was in the shop for nearly an hour and wasn't even given the slightest recognition because the clay pigeon brigade were in, bought a rifle from them in the past but never again, they had very little rifle stock in anyway but the shop was packed with shotguns.
    Thanks for your reply though, much appreciated.

    Cheers

    MarkC

    I'm really surprised at that . . both Tom and Jim have never been anything other than helpful and obliging when I have been in the shop . .maybe caught them on a bad day mate.
    Last edited by Cadex; 02-04-2013 at 20:25.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadex View Post
    I'm really surprised at that mate . . both Tom and Jim have never been anything other than helpful and obliging when I have been in the shop . .maybe caught them on a bad day mate.
    I must have caught them on that same bad day. Not the most welcoming to new shoppers I found.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    I must have caught them on that same bad day.
    ​I doubt it. Situation normal and id try elsewhere for quality gunsmithing. Based on real personal experience.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    ​I doubt it. Situation normal and id try elsewhere for quality gunsmithing. Based on real personal experience.
    yep have had the same experience my self they must have a lot of bad days

Similar Threads

  1. Ae office in dumfries and galloway
    By andibrains in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-12-2012, 10:36
  2. Wanted Stalking in Dumfries and Galloway
    By shooterkc in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-02-2012, 16:25
  3. Hello from Dumfries and Galloway !!
    By Pro_guitar in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2011, 07:39
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 25-11-2010, 19:22
  5. From Wairarapa NZ to Dumfries and Galloway....
    By Bill Wapiti in forum Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 07:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •