Thread: Butler Creek flip up scope caps.

Butler Creek flip up scope caps.

Just purchased a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42.

Anyone know what size scope caps I will need...?

Cheers.
    Pop Shot

Don't do it! They break in a heartbeat these days!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Don't bother mate, they'll break within a week, just do a search on here!

If the scope comes with bikini covers, just cable tie them on to the scope, been doing this for a few years now and it works great, plus it doesn't make that daft sound the butler creeks do when they pop open which can spook the deer.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Don't do it! They break in a heartbeat these days!
    You beat me to it!
    Jonathan

Use a vernier caliper to measure them mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    Don't bother mate, they'll break within a week, just do a search on here!If the scope comes with bikini covers, just cable tie them on to the scope, been doing this for a few years now and it works great, plus it doesn't make that daft sound the butler creeks do when they pop open which can spook the deer.
    I am not trying to be smart as it wouldn't suit me. How quick can these be opened say if a deer just appears of of now where as the sometimes do! This is one reason I have never used this method as in woodland stalking sometimes you only have a split second. I can see the benefits whilst being used in an open hill stalk.Thanks,Glendine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendine View Post
    I am not trying to be smart as it wouldn't suit me. How quick can these be opened say if a deer just appears of of now where as the sometimes do! This is one reason I have never used this method as in woodland stalking sometimes you only have a split second. I can see the benefits whilst being used in an open hill stalk.Thanks,Glendine.
    You can get them off in a few of seconds with practice, obviously it will be a bit slower if the deer are very close and you want to be super quiet! I also loop mine round the scope tube and over onto my turret caps to stop them rattling around.
    Jonathan

You can get them off in a few of seconds with practice, obviously it will be a bit slower if the deer are very close and you want to be super quiet! I also loop mine round the scope tube and over onto my turret caps to stop them rattling around.
    Thanks Jonher,when the current set of Butler creeks that are on my scope break! This is what I will probably do.Thanks for the advice.Regards,Glendine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendine View Post
    Thanks Jonher,when the current set of Butler creeks that are on my scope break! This is what I will probably do.Thanks for the advice.Regards,Glendine.
    Your welcome mate,

This is how I attached mine, you can see how they are held in place under tension by the scope turrets without rattling around.

Jonathan

Your welcome mate,This is how I attached mine, you can see how they are held in place under tension by the scope turrets without rattling around.
    Cracking idea my butler creek better hold it together or else. Thanks for uploading the photo much appreciated.Glendine.