Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of scopes for sale

Couple of scopes for sale

Regretfully I need to sell my fave old scope to fund a scope for my new stalking rifle! I'll be sad to see this go but needs must I'm afraid!
    Original Tasco 3-9x50 in near mint condition considering it's nearly 20 years old!! As used by the late John Darling in his vids and I'm the 2nd owner from new. Superb optics with the 30/30 reticle and has original caps I just forgot to take a pic of them.
    100 posted ovvno please for a classic

Next up a not so classic but still cracking clear optics is an AGS 4x32 mildot with mounts and covers in mint condition. Bought to go on my kids junior plinker but tbh it's too good for back garden stuff. Nice light little scope for an air rifle could easily bunny bash out to 50 yards with the dots!
    35 posted please
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Wack the tasco on the aught 6 ?

Me and Stratts spoke about the Tasco on Sunday.

Got one myself. It's a 3-9x50 AG as in for Air Gun. Had mine on my HW77 for 16 years, then it went on my .22LR for 4 years. Only reason i took it off was the rifle sold, but couldn't bring myself to let that scope go. Seen many thousands of bunnys cop an unfortunate one through its lenses!

I think an aught 6 might shake it to bits though!
    Last edited by digger9523; 02-04-2013 at 21:44.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

That was my 1st thought Acm but as Digger says experience tells him it might not withstand the recoil of the aught 6. Pity coz I really like it but hey ho!

Open to sensible offers before they go on the bay of evil!!

Cheers

One and only price drop before the bay of evil next week folks!

90 delivered for the Tasco

28 delivered for the AGS

Spank you!

Don't be put off by the Air Gun connection, they were designed to withstand the double whammy they got from springer air rifles, you may well be pleasantly surprised by it's ability.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Interested but is this the original Japanese model or the later Chinese model, should have one or the other on the bottom of the eye bell

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Don't be put off by the Air Gun connection, they were designed to withstand the double whammy they got from springer air rifles, you may well be pleasantly surprised by it's ability.

John
    Mmmm thanks mate you've got the grey matter going again now!! I got a S&B for the aught 6 but I may try the Tasco on my mates borrowed & moderated 22-250 then!

Mutley, it's the original Jap model not the later chink version but I'll put the sale on hold for a bit until I try it out mate,

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Mmmm thanks mate you've got the grey matter going again now!! I got a S&B for the aught 6 but I may try the Tasco on my mates borrowed & moderated 22-250 then!

Mutley, it's the original Jap model not the later chink version but I'll put the sale on hold for a bit until I try it out mate,

Cheers
    No probs, please let me know if you decide to sell, I can't promise i will have it as I am trying to find another scope at the moment and may have found one by then.