Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AOLQ in Essex ?

AOLQ in Essex ?

Has anybody in Essex got AOLQ on a C/F rifle ?
    Even a vermin condition on the .243 would help, but Chelmsford say not for a .243 as the RSPCA say it is "overkill"
    I am in the middle of renewal and have an open ticket at the moment if that makes any difference.

Neil.

I thought the Home Office wrote the Police guidelines not the RSPCA. What have they got do with it?
    Overkill? Apart from dead how much more dead can an animal be?

Noah

Asked for aolq for my .243 and was told deer and fox only

Got aolq on me .17hmr .22lr and wait for it 6.5x55 I'm with met thou the RSPCA obviously don't advise them

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
    Got aolq on me .17hmr .22lr and wait for it 6.5x55 I'm with met thou the RSPCA obviously don't advise them
    But no open ticket ?

​Neil.

Yep no open ticket the one thing I asked for . The moral of this story is don't ask for it and you will get it

Mine has Deer, Fox, the shooting of vermin or in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife…..also open after 14months on .243

Tim.243

Thanks Tim, if it is refused at renewal I may well be sending a PM your way
    I assume you are under Essex and not met Police ?

Neil.

no such thing as over kill ! talk to david at BASC. DID'T THINK RSPCA MADE THE FIREARMS ACT RULES UP !

i to am getting the runaround by essex latest was thay are not applying the acpo on request you need to prove -when- why- how+ blood group ,shoe size then thay may look at your request but prob find a reason why its a no. essex has always gone for home rule on the firearms act ! Stateing that the C in C needs to aprove the amendment .ps i have an open cert with fox deer and boar but still can't get AOLQ so i shall apply for another rifle that is the min for short range fox around the barns prob 22 hornet.both my .243 has vermin fox and deer 308 vermin fox deer boar ! 17hmr vermin (other countys allow this for short range fox not essex ) .22 vermin .

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Has anybody in Essex got AOLQ on a C/F rifle ?
    Even a vermin condition on the .243 would help, but Chelmsford say not for a .243 as the RSPCA say it is "overkill"
    I am in the middle of renewal and have an open ticket at the moment if that makes any difference.

Neil.

My issuing force is Essex , they are a pain in the backside , my .243 is down as my main fox rifle , i wish they would just use AOLQ as my conditions list is very very long (i have a few rifles) , although i would have to ask - vermin ? i take it you are not talking rabbit / rat / squirrel shooting with your .243 ?