Thread: Be careful out there!

Be careful out there!

Well, manage to dislocate my left shoulder for the third time last night. I was out cutting some fallen timber up in one of our woods, somehow stumbled and pulled it out. Thankfully the chainsaw wasn't running at the time but I was stuck miles from anywhere, on my own, with no signal! Turns out when it says SOS calls only it does actually work for 999!

Thankfully I managed to haul myself out of the wood and closer to civilisation to be dealt with before the ambulance crew arrived. Just had the Mrs to deal with then!

So be careful out there guys, accidents can happen when you least expect and in the most inconvenient places!

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

glad to read you did not have the saw running and that you were able to get some help.hope you are well soon

if your going to have an accident alone the law of sod dictates that it will be somewhere remote or with difficult access and no phone signal!

Dislocated my right shoulder twice now . Horrid feeling .

Thank you for posting. 'Stuff' happens!

Not going to harp on, but believe its incredibly useful for people to post like this just as a reminder to us all.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Get well soon Tom

Neil.

just out after 4th knee op yesterday
    glad you were able to get help wish you well

Sorry to hear that Tom, seen as you are out of action can i come over ans shoot that good buck in the pic that you posted

Sliced my fingers open really nicely on a dodgy new highseat because the ladder run grip mesh crap wasn't welded properly on, caught into my skin and ripped through like a saw when I was holding it. Any deeper and nerves would have gone. I went really white after and my mate though I was going to pass out, it's bad news when you leave a blood trail you can clearly follow in the snow. Tom, you need to take it easy! Glad you're ok though.

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    Sorry to hear that Tom, seen as you are out of action can i come over ans shoot that good buck in the pic that you posted
    No problem mate, so long as I can come after one of your big beasties when I'm better!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.