Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Season First Buck 2013

First Season First Buck 2013

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3076.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	664.0 KB 
ID:	26607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3079.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	483.6 KB 
ID:	26608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3074.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	862.1 KB 
ID:	26609Well here I am, new member on his first full proper shooting season of Roe Bucks.

I was out on day one ( 6 am ) with Kevin n Big Dave ( who are helping me through my apprenticeship, thanks guys) stalking two different areas and after day one I hadn't fired a gun although Kev had what could be a Gold Medal Buck and Big Dave had one in the bag too ( so no pressure Dax ).

Managed to get out around 7pm on day two with Big Dave ( who promised me a Buck ) and we park up, we walk less than 300 yards to the top of the hill in cover, wee look over the horizon and there he is, a lovely big Buck free of velvet and well coloured, he is maybe conscious that we are Round as he doesn't seem to settle and keeps looking towards our direction.

So off I go, straight back 80 yards under the hill to keep in cover then around the back side of. The hill and up for the final crawl onto the high point of the hill.

Yes he's still there and still conscious of us still not settled so I get on the 22.2250 and try and settle down the breathing meanwhile the hearts pumping and the mobile is vibrating away in my pocket just what I need !!

He's standing face on down the hill just under 200 yards and not my ideal target and line for a first Buck.

Ten seconds later he's hit and straight on the ground and static for around 5 seconds before he's up and moving badly, he gets 25 yards before his final fall and he's done.
    We get down and he's a beauty great size and great antlers ( big Dave says possibly be bronze medal and a fantastic first Buck.

So we have 3 bucks in two days and only 57 to go.
    Last edited by Dax; 03-04-2013 at 08:06. Reason: add pics

Brilliant start to your stalking bet that grin is still on your face!

Fingers crossed it is a bronze as that would be amazing

Well done. I got my first buck of the year yesterday at last light with the help of my boys (age 12). Spotted through the bins by Calum as I was about to drive away . Shot from 150m ( heart shot, ran about 50m though)

Eventually found it when we got the dog out after about an hour of wandering about in the gathering darkness - when we eventually looked where Hamish said he thought it had fallen

17kg after gralloch, home loaded 55gr Vmax,1.8cc of H4895 in Federal brass, Ruger No1V.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3076.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	664.0 KB 
ID:	26607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3079.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	483.6 KB 
ID:	26608Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3074.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	862.1 KB 
ID:	26609Well here I am, new member on his first full proper shooting season of Roe Bucks.I was out on day one ( 6 am ) with Kevin n Big Dave ( who are helping me through my apprenticeship, thanks guys) stalking two different areas and after day one I hadn't fired a gun although Kev had what could be a Gold Medal Buck and Big Dave had one in the bag too ( so no pressure Dax ). Managed to get out around 7pm on day two with Big Dave ( who promised me a Buck ) and we park up, we walk less than 300 yards to the top of the hill in cover, wee look over the horizon and there he is, a lovely big Buck free of velvet and well coloured, he is maybe conscious that we are Round as he doesn't seem to settle and keeps looking towards our direction.So off I go, straight back 80 yards under the hill to keep in cover then around the back side of. The hill and up for the final crawl onto the high point of the hill. Yes he's still there and still conscious of us still not settled so I get on the 22.2250 and try and settle down the breathing meanwhile the hearts pumping and the mobile is vibrating away in my pocket just what I need !! He's standing face on down the hill just under 200 yards and not my ideal target and line for a first Buck.Ten seconds later he's hit and straight on the ground and static for around 5 seconds before he's up and moving badly, he gets 25 yards before his final fall and he's done. We get down and he's a beauty great size and great antlers ( big Dave says possibly be bronze medal and a fantastic first Buck.So we have 3 bucks in two days and only 57 to go.
    well done dax.its a pleasure helping you out mate.dav and i have helped people out in the past and had a kick in the teeth for it.lol well done again.hope we have plenty more good days stalking.Cheers ATB Kev
    Last edited by kev.rem700; 03-04-2013 at 13:26.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

That's a stonker!!!!

Cracking looking buck.
    ​Well done.

Well done Dax and too the guys helping him out, thats a cracking heed to start off with... Hope it makes bronze for you.

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

[QUOTE=ths84;557064]Brilliant start to your stalking bet that grin is still on your face!

Fingers crossed it is a bronze as that would be amazing [ yes it has been all day cheers ]

yes its been on my face all day buddy

cheers

Congratulations, nice buck to. Well done to the other lads for helping you out, thats what it is all about helping others and enjoying the sport. Heres to the next one.

ATB

Sikamalc
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.