Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what rangefinder

what rangefinder

as above what rangefinders do you use and what do you think of them

Ive got the Hawke rangefinder 1000 Pro which is a pretty good rangefinder.

George

Iv got a Leupold one and a Leica one. They both range well, the leupold has the TBR which is a nice feature if you are in the real steep stuff, ie after Tahr and chamois ! But the Leica has a red digital display, so is perfect for using at night when after foxes!
    iv a mate with a Zeiss and another with the Swarovski. They all get the job done out too a 1000yrds, but after this the leupold starts to struggle! But for stalking ranges, who needs more than a km!?
    ​atb James

+1 on the Leupold... I've got the RX1000 and it's superb

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Have tried a few different ones but the leica is a class of its own, working in fog, rain, sunlight, snow there is a not a condition it will not work in unlike the others.

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    Have tried a few different ones but the leica is a class of its own, working in fog, rain, sunlight, snow there is a not a condition it will not work in unlike the others.
    +1 Leica

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    as above what rangefinders do you use and what do you think of them
    My own eyes,if its too far get closer.They have not let me down so far. Thought about getting one last year but spent the cash on stalking. Nice Roe buck in the bag.
    Tusker

Out of all the manufactures only one make professional EDM's and of those they are top of the tree. That is Leica. Glass is a different matter and more subjective.
    Go with what you want to spend and like the look and feel most. For middle of the road options the Bushnell range take some beating.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    I have had a Bushnell 1500 elite RF for quite a few years now and it is very very good and one of the few with "brush mode" however after all of the years of deer hunting and never having had one previously after a few outings it now stays home. My recent week away fallow hunting saw the RF come with me to the camp but once again i never used it,I thought that it may have been useful but I wasnt trying to hit a rabbits scone at 500 yards.....its a great toy but in reality I or many others wont ever need one.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ