Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start on the Roe Bucks

Start on the Roe Bucks

Well I am off to start on my Roe Bucks tomorrow and Saturday with two clients. AND its bloody snowing again on the Kent/Sussex border . The wind chill yesterday was about -2 on the seafront, and it looks as though its set like this for the weekend, although they do say the temperature will rise by 2 degrees by Sunday!!

I will then have to break out Tikka 308's cammo mankini he left with me last autumn Dont worry Andy I will wash it before handing back to you.

Still it will be good to see what if anything is moving and I have a new area to walk and plan some high seats for, so I am quite excited about that.

Good luck everyone, early mornings again and late nights coming soon
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Good luck malc, I started opening day with great success, and another nice clean 6 pointer today. Turned a few down which were in velvet and to good to call culls.

Good luck Malc, and please leave one or two for me for the summer!

2 clients over two days and 2 deer grassed. Not a lot moving at the moment, cold wind, and most of the Roe moving late. Hedgehopper took an old 6 point buck in heavy velvet which was with 4 others. Slow start to the bucks, no browse or grass for them as the heavy snow and frost has hammered it.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    2 clients over two days and 2 deer grassed. Not a lot moving at the moment, cold wind, and most of the Roe moving late. Hedgehopper took an old 6 point buck in heavy velvet which was with 4 others. Slow start to the bucks, no browse or grass for them as the heavy snow and frost has hammered it.
    Very true, not a lot of food about for them about at the moment. Cold weather and frosts seem to be holding nature at bay a little.

Out yesterday morning in heavy frost and -2.
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    We've had a party from France over this weekend. Four outings, four deer, plus two misses.

This was yesterday's six pointer:

And this is today's:

He is the same buck that was missed on Friday evening.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Couple of nice bucks there WG.

A good start mate.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Good luck Malc, and please leave one or two for me for the summer!
    And me!

I tell ya, turn my back and your going through my dirty laundry i bet my cammo mankini was a bit tight on you . glad you got off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by tika.308 View Post
    I tell ya, turn my back and your going through my dirty laundry i bet my cammo mankini was a bit tight on you . glad you got off to a good start.

Only around the crotch area I think you must be a few sizes smaller than me Andy

ZEISS PRO STALKER.