Thread: Roe deer Teaser decoy?

Roe deer Teaser decoy?

I was just watching some videos on Youtube when I noticed this:

I don't think I've ever heard about anyone decoying roe before, though I gather it's a bit more common in the US (not with roe, but with their native species obviously).

Has anyone here heard of these before? Or indeed tried them?

Cheers
    ​T_T

I'd love to know what Richard Prior thinks of it!

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    That reminds me of one of your fellow Danish countrymen who was trying to get a stalking aid off the ground. It was basically a large mirror with 2x bits of the reflector left out so as you can look through them. This is no joke!! We asked him what would happen if a buck decided to attack it own image.
    God we laughed. It still makes me laugh now Crazy Danish
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

They could always be used as target practice if you got bored waiting - -with a safe back stop of course !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    That reminds me of one of your fellow Danish countrymen who was trying to get a stalking aid off the ground. It was basically a large mirror with 2x bits of the reflector left out so as you can look through them. This is no joke!! We asked him what would happen if a buck decided to attack it own image.
    God we laughed. It still makes me laugh now Crazy Danish
    ​That sounds like the ghost blind.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    ​That sounds like the ghost blind.
    Yes, I saw that advertised some time ago and it looked quite effective too.
    Never seen them advertised here anywhere tho'.

I assume it has a picture on the back as well?

Not quite sure on the legalities of a decoy but must admit it has crossed my mind more than once !
    Last buck season due to the amount of heavy rain we had we found large bucks just laid up tight under the hedge or in woodland but as soon as sun came out we had bucks everywhere
    On more than one occasion whilst waiting in an area known to hold a good buck a small buck we had bumped earlier passed through a grass meadow only to be seen off by the good buck known to live there
    Maybe a decoy placed in the field before light would tempt the big buck to show once it became light ?
    ​regards andy

The warrener uses a roe decoy to good effect in the rut in one of his dvds. From memory he also calls a red hind to the decoy when using a fawn bleat

Novice

We have a life size rubber and incredibly realistic Roe buck decoy in our night vision tunnel for demoing wildlife cameras and hand held NV devices.

It is in fact an archery target from overseas, we also have badger, fox, and somewhere a boar i think.

We use the fox one for demoing NV weapon sights, and I left it out in the yard one day, and when I came to work there were people staring through the gates taking photos of it, i LOL'd when i picked it up and carried it off.