Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think Silver or Gold?

What do you think Silver or Gold?

Shot this yesterday and will measure it later once I've cleaned it off. It's better than the Bronze I shot a few years ago and I think it might just make Gold. Have a guess and I'll post once I have measured it this evening.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-04 12.24.23.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	496.6 KB 
ID:	26632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-04 12.25.48.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	511.8 KB 
ID:	26633

nice time to shell out some cash and find out 75% think its a gold

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler.250 View Post
    Ha Ha!

Pardon my lack of experience with these kind of things, but I would have to say Bronz. One point, on the left side(as you face the trophy) is not as long or well formed as the same one on the right side of the trophy.

It is a VERY nice rack, and I would be proud to display this above the mantle, but, again, I am not very experienced in this sort of thing, I would not grade it close to a Gold.

Just my 2p

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Pattern Paul View Post
    Shot this yesterday and will measure it later once I've cleaned it off. It's better than the Bronze I shot a few years ago and I think it might just make Gold. Have a guess and I'll post once I have measured it this evening.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-04 12.24.23.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	496.6 KB 
ID:	26632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-04 12.25.48.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	511.8 KB 
ID:	26633
    Nice going Paul, that is one hell of a head!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea if it will be a medal or not, all I know is I would be very happy with it if I shot it!!!

Was it shot locally to yourself?

Cheers

Ross

Difficult to say with Fallow as they are not the easiest heads to score and there is a good deal left to the measurers discretion like.... beauty points, penalty points etc but, there is a guide for them to follow.

I would say that length and width of palm and weight are key for good score and also span.

I had a buck measured last season that I didn't think was up to much but, he just made bronze.

Difficult to say without anything next to it to compare but, I'd be surprised if it didn't go Silver.

ATB
    Moses
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Absolutely no idea in these things, but very well done that is a lovely head! What did it weigh?

ATB

​Tom

Hi, thanks for the comments. Yes it's a cracker. I can't say where it's from exactly as I'm not allowed to but it is a park deer and what makes it all the more pleaseing is that I have managed it for ten years now and this would have been one of the prickets that I run on in the second year after I started, so it's nice to see my work now coming good. He had very badly gored another his size in the throat and was starting on some of the sores and sorels as well. The one he gored had to be shot and I couldn't risk him killing another. He was due to be taken out this September anyway but was just hoping to get him at his best weight. Carcase weighted in at 47kg, not bad for this time of year.
    I'll let you know what I measure it at.
    Here's another I took off there about three years ago, one of the first that I would have left.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010201 (Small) (Large).JPG 
Views:	216 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	26651Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010202 (Small) (Large).JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	26652