Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badger damage article

Badger damage article

After posting pictures of damage on the land I stalk last year its interesting to see thse pictures of badger damage at a cricket ground.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304031/Rickmansworth-Cricket-Club-cancels-season-badgers-destroy-pitch.html

They have been on one of my rugby pitches this last few weeks they are struggling a bit hence rooting and scratching the turf up .i had them one year real bad it looked like a mini digger had been on the pitch ! Nothing much for them to eat under the turf except leather jackets and chafer grubs very tasty to badgers .
    ​norma

Blog Entries
    But surely it's the wild boar!
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    But surely it's the wild boar!
    If you look at the comments below the article someone actually suggests that.

Blog Entries
    Ah the Wild Watford Boar "Porcus Haveyouralloysoff"
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

I have been out watching over a few ewes lambing recently and have to sit and watch three very large, very cocky badgers ploughing my fields. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be done to deter them legally.

It's alway the comments under the article that give me a giggle.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    I have been out watching over a few ewes lambing recently and have to sit and watch three very large, very cocky badgers ploughing my fields. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be done to deter them legally.
    Badgers are fairly intelligent, persistent and strong. From my experience with them, living as I do in a "hot-spot" there is precious little you can do to stop their antics. They are capable of clawing through heavy gauge wire netting. Electric fencing (mains type) can help but if they are determined to get somewhere they will usually succeed! Until government comes to their senses and takes them off the protected list you will just have to put up with them

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    It's alway the comments under the article that give me a giggle.
    there are some good ones!!

. fork at a bucket of cash for no good reason !! OR! contact mr B MAY and see if he can look after them for you ?