Any Advice

pezz69

Hi there,

I am complete novice to deer stalking, and need some advice as to where to start i have read up on deer stalking watched videos etc etc for some time now.

I have decided that i want to progress with it, if anyone could be of any assistance that would be fantastic and would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan

DSC1 might prove useful and help you in the right direction. Not sure what you own or intend buy with regards to equipment, but personally i dont think you need to buy and spends lots of money, unless you want to of course.
good luck, and im sure people on here will be able to help you much more then myself
atb
simon

Nathan

Welcome to our world!

TBH, before investing in DSC1 I would suggest booking a couple of stalks with guides such as those on this site. That way you can see if you've really been bitten by the bug or if it's just a passing fancy before making a major investment.

Whatever you decide to do, the very best of luck to you.

willie_gunn

Simon1979, i currently live with my parents and my mother is quite an anti/hypocrite therefore i am unable to keep a rifle or shotgun for that matter in the house, i have no idea why? women EY?

Hi willie
I have intentions of doing so and booking myself on a pre dsc before i invest, my 21st is comming up so thinking about asking for that my birhday, which is in december and ideally/hopefully i'd like to have been on 2/3 stalks by then.

I think i have been bitten tbh but like you say the best way to see is go on a few stalks beforehand.

Many Thanks

Nathan

Nathan

Welcome to our world!

TBH, before investing in DSC1 I would suggest booking a couple of stalks with guides such as those on this site. That way you can see if you've really been bitten by the bug or if it's just a passing fancy before making a major investment.

Whatever you decide to do, the very best of luck to you.

willie_gunn
+1

Simon1979, i currently live with my parents and my mother is quite an anti/hypocrite therefore i am unable to keep a rifle or shotgun for that matter in the house, i have no idea why? women EY?

thats does make things a little harder but you can still go out with stalkers and take your DSC1. the bursaries are well worth looking into though. You could also go to a local range to help gain some firearam experiance to.
good luck
simon

I would suggest a few outings with someone like Yorkshire roe stalking or muntjac stalker who have very good success rate's and see if it is for you first before you do the dsc route, be prepared though i found it is a very expensive and difficult area of fieldsports to get established in.
There are some great guy's on this site though that do a lot for new stalkers and with the busary scheme just started you may have picked the right time too, good luck anyway :thumb: DF

Back