Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spent XX Looking At A XXXX Thinking It Was A Deer

Spent XX Looking At A XXXX Thinking It Was A Deer

Was out the other night in a high seat and after glassing the area, finally spotted something that I was convinced was the corner of a Fallows Palmation behind a bush!

I must of spent at least 30 minutes looking at this thing, each time being convinced than it had moved...

As the night drew to an end and still certain that it was a fallow sitting down. I stalked in on the "Palmation" only to find it was a tree tube that had been damaged and opened out! What a plonker...

What humorous objects have you stalked thinking it was a deer???
    Conservation biology is the scientific study of biodiversity with the aim of protecting species, their habitats, and ecosystems from excessive rates of extinction and the erosion of biotic interactions. Hunting advocates that hunting is necessary component of modern wildlife management, for example to help maintain a population of healthy animals within an environment's ecological carrying capacity.

I have stalked 'log deer' 'stump deer' and 'clump of bracken deer' over the years. My pal once stalked a set of rolls that he thought were Fallow at last light.
    Good to laugh at ourselves occasionally.

[QUOTE=AllThingsShooting;558539]Was out the other night in a high seat and after glassing the area, finally spotted something that I was convinced was the corner of a Fallows Palmation behind a bush!QUOTE]

Must be using Zeiss binos!!

[QUOTE=Klenchblaize;558557]
    Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsShooting View Post
    Was out the other night in a high seat and after glassing the area, finally spotted something that I was convinced was the corner of a Fallows Palmation behind a bush!QUOTE]

Must be using Zeiss binos!!
    Must be using Zeiss. Anything else and he wouldn't have even spotted it

Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsShooting View Post
    Was out the other night in a high seat and after glassing the area, finally spotted something that I was convinced was the corner of a Fallows Palmation behind a bush!

I must of spent at least 30 minutes looking at this thing, each time being convinced than it had moved...

As the night drew to an end and still certain that it was a fallow sitting down. I stalked in on the "Palmation" only to find it was a tree tube that had been damaged and opened out! What a plonker...

What humorous objects have you stalked thinking it was a deer???

The amount of times I have to remind you they are sheep and not fallow !

stalked a herd of peat hags from about 1/2mile away also spent 30mins watching what we thought was an otter as it kept moving, but it was infact just a stone

both in the same week as well

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    I am always amazed how bracken at last light turn into deer and how at first light deer turn into bracken.

I have been caught out many a time thankfully though I have never shot at an inanimate object thinking it was a deer ( or anything else which I was intending to shoot ).

​TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

brother shot a "thistle rabbit" once.....does that count?

stalked a "rabbit" with night vision monocular only to find it was a lucozade bottle with a very reflective "eye"

Quote Originally Posted by Acm View Post
    The amount of times I have to remind you they are sheep and not fallow !
    Hahahah T**T they are foxes and sheep...
    Conservation biology is the scientific study of biodiversity with the aim of protecting species, their habitats, and ecosystems from excessive rates of extinction and the erosion of biotic interactions. Hunting advocates that hunting is necessary component of modern wildlife management, for example to help maintain a population of healthy animals within an environment's ecological carrying capacity.

thats much better than my tree protector