Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: outfox clothing

outfox clothing

was browsing the other day and seen this stuff. it is an absolutely scary price. they said the you can satlk more or less with the wind at your back. is this true does anyone here know of anyone using it. if you were to get the whole suit i think its in the region of about £600-£700 price range. just itching a curiosity

look on youtube feller kit seams good and if you think Harkila is on same price range!

Save £700 and stalk into the wind, seems to have worked pretty well for quite a while now.
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

i would not dream of spending that because its absolute madness. all my stalking clothes are deer hunter. i must get some new gear this year because the stuff i have is four years old at least.i was thinking of getting the pinewood range of stuff (think this is the brand name) all advice would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Save £700 and stalk into the wind, seems to have worked pretty well for quite a while now.
    Sound advice moses, absolutely 100% correct

Bob

I'll bet you don't see any deer with the wind at your back!!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by tikka 3006 View Post
    they said the you can satlk more or less with the wind at your back.
    They would - they are trying to sell it

I wonder if they said anything about what you do about the remaining exposed skin (face?) or your breath? Ah, I see from their website that they also do a facemask and a balaclava - excellent!

This seems like more kit that is primarily designed to catch the unwary stalker, rather than the wary deer. It may be warm, waterproof and supremely comfortable, but I somehow doubt it makes you "virtually invisible" as they claim. If you employ traditional fieldcraft such as stalking into the wind and keeping movement to a minimum I would think you can safely dispense with this revolution in clothing technology.

I am surprised that they are not also pushing the line of it screening for UV light as well as odours. I do note, however, that they can also sell you a handy-dandy "Lockout" clothing bag to prevent your Outfox clothes from becoming contaminated by other odours when tucked away in storage.

I've recently moved away from camo clothing and back to wearing dull green. The deer don't seem to have noticed, or at least not those that have fallen down when I've shot them.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    +1

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Chris rogers euston estate is trialling it well you wouldn't look a gift Horse would you ! He says it's good and he uses it every day .
    ​norma

I had some guys with me stalking stags in Scotland.All of them wore Outfox Extreme trousers and jackets.The clothing is made by Schöffel,and all I can say it is extremely waterproof and windproof.they stayed dry the whole week,no leeking nothing.I can`t tell anything about the extra layer eliminating human scent,because when stalking on the hill you always try to stalk into the wind.There is a big sellout of Outfox clothing here in Germany at the moment.They offered me trouser and jacket for 350€.But I am not bothered buying it,I`ll stick to my good old tweed.Kept me warm the last 20 years an hopefully the next 20.
    Cheers Hubert