Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: classified postings

classified postings

just a thought on posting classifieds,would it not be a fairer system to go on membership time or limit the amount of adds per year rather than amount of posts put on as i (and probably a lot of others new'ish to stalking)don't have a lot to say and use the site as a source of info but occasionally would like to sell something,as in myself having looked at changing rifles but will have too go down the part ex route or one of the gun site zoos.

Don't be shy, have a bit more input, Admin will know you are genuine, ... sell your stuff.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

What Steve said ^

Plus, it's not just for our benefit... buyers look at your previous posts too. Say if we just made a time limit so someone with virtually no posts who registered ages ago and posted nothing puts something up for sale... people aren't going to get so much of a good feeling about them are they?

Take a read of this thread, which gives the background to the time limit and post count thresholds:

Quote Originally Posted by mintman View Post
    just a thought on posting classifieds,would it not be a fairer system to go on membership time or limit the amount of adds per year rather than amount of posts put on as i (and probably a lot of others new'ish to stalking)don't have a lot to say and use the site as a source of info but occasionally would like to sell something,as in myself having looked at changing rifles but will have too go down the part ex route or one of the gun site zoos.

Be a lot easier if the "Trader" status was clarified.
    There members on here who are not listed as traders but have well over half their posts and all but a couple of their started threads in the classifieds.

Neil.

i understand the need for security but for someone like myself 30 posts might well take me longer than i have left on this mortal coil(40yrs hopefully,there abouts)i think and read more than talk,allways have.

i understand the need for security but for someone like myself 30 posts might well take me longer than i have left on this mortal coil(40yrs hopefully,there abouts)i think and read more than talk,allways have.
    you appear to be halfway there.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Then come out of your shell and get talking to people that's what the forum is all about. Most of us regular posters like to hear from someone new and their perspective on things. By listening to other people's viewpoints is how we learn.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I am a bit the same as you, but if we keep bumping this thread up you will soon be there.

I also think Trade Members should be able to post a locked thread, so only replies and enquiries can be made via PM.

for example, you spend money on Trade Membership and advertise service XYZ, some D*** comes on and says, "oh, that's too expensive, booo hooo and you can buy it cheaping here and there"....

well, I for one think that's BS and flies in the face of having to pay Trade fee's as the ad has just been ruined...

rant over.
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset