Thread: First Morning After A Buck

First Morning After A Buck

Well after a very successful end to the doe season where I accounted for 10 does in my last 3 outings in the Scottish Highlands. I headed out this morning to see if I could find a nice wee buck to start the new season.

Unfortunately I only saw one in the distance and didn't get a chance of a shot but I did manage to stalk in to 15 yards on a yearling doe and watched her graze for 20 minutes. Roe deer really are one of the most beautiful animals on this planet.

So while I didn't managed to shoot a buck, I did have one of those close encounters that I enjoy so much and after watching the most gorgeous sunrise on what turned out to be a stunningly sunny frosty morning, it turned out to be the best start to a weekend.

We stalkers really are so very lucky to see and experience wildlife in its natural enviroment every time we head out.

ATB

​Stewarty69

Quote Originally Posted by Stewarty69 View Post
    Well after a very successful end to the doe season where I accounted for 10 does in my last 3 outings in the Scottish Highlands. I headed out this morning to see if I could find a nice wee buck to start the new season.

Unfortunately I only saw one in the distance and didn't get a chance of a shot but I did manage to stalk in to 15 yards on a yearling doe and watched her graze for 20 minutes. Roe deer really are one of the most beautiful animals on this planet.

So while I didn't managed to shoot a buck, I did have one of those close encounters that I enjoy so much and after watching the most gorgeous sunrise on what turned out to be a stunningly sunny frosty morning, it turned out to be the best start to a weekend.

We stalkers really are so very lucky to see and experience wildlife in its natural enviroment every time we head out.
    ATB

​Stewarty69

Absolutely right! Nothing more to say!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Very lucky indeed. Stalked onto a roe doe and twin bucks in velvet yesterday. Watched as they had a tussle .
    Atb Steve

Stewarty I could not have put it better myself , its not about pulling the trigger .

Chill