stabilised wood knife scales

tbone

Ive been looking for some nice stabilised wood for a knife project, ive found some oak on a uk web site but ebay in the states has some really nice scales listed.
has anybody got any suggestions for anybody in the uk with a good selection or has anybody bought wood from the usa and got any recomendations.

thanks

simon

You need to get in touch with Tony at "Moonrakerknives" if he hasnt got it it cant be got. Great guy and really knows his stuff.

Tusker

Thanks tusker, I had looked on moonraker web site but will give tony a ring and see what hes got.

regards
simon

HiI have some high grade Arizona Desert Ironwood scales. They have beautiful grain.
They are not stabilised but are some of the densest wood available and very hard .
Pm me if interested.

Its a Burl will ship to you no problem, just keep your costs to around £40 and it will come in below tax threashold etc. deerwarden

Thanks for the reply's
Bad dogs looks an interesting web site, will look at that more later. English handmade knives shows all its stabilised wood except a rather expensive pine cone scale sold out but will contact them anyway.

I recently picked up a Karesuando knife kit in the gun shop in Wymondham. Didn't know you were in to knife making Simon so I might be picking your brains when I get around to starting it!

Phil

Back