Thread: advice on fixed power scope with s/f

advice on fixed power scope with s/f

Hi chaps what fixed power scopes with side focus6x/ 8x/10x are around new or also second hand s&b, Kahles, Swarovski,meopta,zeiss that sort price range

Cheers craig

Quote Originally Posted by hairlesshunter View Post
    Hi chaps what fixed power scopes with side focus6x/ 8x/10x are around new or also second hand s&b, Kahles, Swarovski,meopta,zeiss that sort price range

Cheers craig
    Is there such a thing? In a fixed power? Usually the parallax is pre set in a fixed power with the focus at the rear eyepiece. I could be wrong but I've never seen one that I recall.~Muir

LOL its more like me to be wrong Muir

Cheers craig
    Leupold Mk4 M1 10x40 I have had one on my Sako 75 Varmint 7mm-08 for many years and can not fault it. The dialling turrets can snag on bushes etc, but as the outfit is pretty heavy I use it for high seat and waiting up. hey have an awsome reputation for ruggedness and optically are a match for European glass, the downside being that with only a 40mm objective they are not the very best in low light.

Cheers Stover Rover do like Leupold's do you know if any good with nv addon's thats why i need the side focus

Cheers Stover Rover do like Leupold's do you know if any good with nv addon's thats why i need the side focus
    Sorry never used NV as an add on only as self contained unit.

sf is only really of value on maginfications above the range of normally available hunting mags 6x, 8x etc

Quote Originally Posted by Stover Rover View Post
    Leupold Mk4 M1 10x40 I have had one on my Sako 75 Varmint 7mm-08 for many years and can not fault it. The dialling turrets can snag on bushes etc, but as the outfit is pretty heavy I use it for high seat and waiting up. hey have an awsome reputation for ruggedness and optically are a match for European glass, the downside being that with only a 40mm objective they are not the very best in low light.
    I've one of these too. Built like a tank, M1 turrets and dual erector springs. Rated to .50 cal.

Outstanding for nv add-on. Trouble is, they're about 1600 new.

​George

Quote Originally Posted by PESCA View Post
    I've one of these too. Built like a tank, M1 turrets and dual erector springs. Rated to .50 cal.

Outstanding for nv add-on. Trouble is, they're about 1600 new.

​George
    Think it will be second hand then or i will look like this