Digital safe not so safe

thanks just what i needed i'v took it of wall thats just gone in the bin then bloody waist of £65 at b&q back to old pistol safe then lock "n"key old school :doh:

change the spring for a stronger one enough for the magnet to pull the pin but not work with bump, the bar through the back wont work if its fastened back to the wall ,
just tried mine and it wont open on a bump no matter how hard you bang it.
another thaught you could bolt a plate on top with an air gap so it wont be effected by the bump, atb wayne

Last edited:
pretty much and lock n key or safe is relatively easy to open if you know how and a bit of practice

​but it is only one aspect of the Security and the last bit

​ and whats the BS std for gun safes resist for 15 or 30 mins something low like that for a pass

bumping is mor difficult if its properly installed and bolted to a hard surface as the whole safe wont bounce

Last edited:
just check the spring and make sure there is no slack try to open it a few times
what you see with your own eyes is not always true especially on the web it could be magic

just check the spring and make sure there is no slack try to open it a few times
what you see with your own eyes is not always true especially on the web it could be magic
the bump test worked on mine

How many of you have a sentry gun safe, did you see that video, there again a rechargeable disc cutter opens any gun safe.

hit the door on my safe with a 2lb hammer door did not open unscrewed cover there was no slack in spring remember your safe does not have to be fort knox
lister

I have bust open a good few of them, fire service opening them for cops. Ok, they tend to be on the ground at the back of the station, but an 8lb hammer will simply destroy the hinge, an electric saw will cut through it and a grinder will always get into them. Same applies to basically any gun safe. There is not much that cannot be opened if :
A, you can find it
B, noise is not an issue
C, the contents can be damaged
D, you have space to work
E, you have time

Equally they are adequate for our needs and cabinets tend to be in secure out of the way places where working may be difficult and noise may be an issue. I have one of those, and could equally and quickly open most safes given time, tools space and no one listening.

I renewed my FAC last week (well done to the lads, renewal in 7 days!) and this safe was poked and prodded and found to be adequate with no comment passed.

So is the YouTube star done that for folk to steal or to help if your locked out. Those lock pics how difficult are they to obtain?

Saw this a while back on another forum, I have two of these set above my cabinets in a small cupboard, one would not budge no matter how hard I hit it, the other, older one did with a good whack. Just take the back of, remove the solenoid unit (2 screws) take the solenoid out of the bracket, stretch the spring to put some oomph back in it, jobs a gooden, it wont budge now.
They do have to get through a fire door and 5 lever mortice lock first to get my cabinets, reckon that would make enough noise anyway.

Saw scenes like that when I was in Canada. In Jasper they had a warden who kept a watch on them amd moved them on if they ere causing problems. The only time I saw them getting edgy with people was when a boy went by them on roller blades. A few of the deer decided to chase him, a,a zing how fast those blades go!

​Al

Back