Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone in and around inverness take me out stalking?

Would anyone in and around inverness take me out stalking?

Sorry to ask but I don't get the opportunity to go out often at all, I have shot three deer and would like to get more experience under my belt. I'm only 17 but i hope to go and do gamekeeping at thurso in just over a year. Also any suggestions of people you know would take me out would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Euan Tomes; 07-04-2013 at 18:26.

Dont be sorry to ask, good on you for showing the initative. I'm sure someone local will be able to help

Shame you are so far from me Euan , i would have happily taken you out while stalking
    surely someone up your way can help out
    ​Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tomes View Post
    Sorry to ask but I don't get the opportunity to go out often at all, I have shot three deer and would like to get more experience under my belt. I'm only 15 but i hope to go and do gamekeeping at thurso in just over a year. Also any suggestions of people you know would take me out would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Hi Euan - - that should be easy enough. I'm just out at Ardersier so not far away. Send me a PM with some details, phone number etc and we'll arrange something.

regards

JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

Quote Originally Posted by JRoe View Post
    Hi Euan - - that should be easy enough. I'm just out at Ardersier so not far away. Send me a PM with some details, phone number etc and we'll arrange something.

regards

JR
    Good man.

An excellent example to others.

Euan, if you don't ask you won't get? Well done on taking the initiative and enjoy your experience. A write up on how you got on would be nice?

ATB

​Iain
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Do you have your own FAC? Remember if you do not have an FAC I don't think you can legally borrow / use an estate rifle until you are 17.

Under 17 using an estate rifle [Archive] - The Stalking Directory

Well done JRoe

Quote Originally Posted by Forestranger View Post
    Do you have your own FAC? Remember if you do not have an FAC I don't think you can legally borrow / use an estate rifle until you are 17.

Under 17 using an estate rifle [Archive] - The Stalking Directory

You don't have to pull the trigger to learn. I went stalking for 6 year nearly every weekend before I shot my first deer. Probably the best way of learning.

Euan you won't go far wrong with JRoe.

I'm not bothered if I shoot or not, I just want to learn and get experience.

Euan I learned a lot just watching learning. Pulling the triggers easy the inspection and gralloch you can never see to many times also the stalk and techniques holds you in great stead for the future.

Good luck but having stalked with JRoe before am sure you'll be fine and hell help you any way he can. He's a credit to the sport and a great help.

David