Thread: Adult dog fox in Larsen Trap

Adult dog fox in Larsen Trap

Had a call this am to help remove a fox from a friends larsen. It would appear that the fox had pushed its way into a top door trap to get at a recently caught magpie which it killed and partially ate, however having got in the fox itself became trapped.A .22 sub resolved the issue, but its hard to believe how a fully grown dog fox would fit into a Larsen.

I have seen pics of fox cubs in a Larsen but not an adult caught whilst it was trying to rob a trap.

The fox was in good condition just unlucky. Incidentally we suspect its one we missed a couple of times on the lamp last month.

​D

I had hell of a job one morning taking a full grown badger out of a rabbit cage , how it managed to get in I'll never know

caught my mothers cairn terrier in a larsen trap once
    looked like it has been vaccum packed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Had a call this am to help remove a fox from a friends larsen. It would appear that the fox had pushed its way into a top door trap to get at a recently caught magpie which it killed and partially ate, however having got in the fox itself became trapped.A .22 sub resolved the issue, but its hard to believe how a fully grown dog fox would fit into a Larsen.

I have seen pics of fox cubs in a Larsen but not an adult caught whilst it was trying to rob a trap.

The fox was in good condition just unlucky. Incidentally we suspect its one we missed a couple of times on the lamp last month.

​D
    Had the same thing a few years back, a Robin had triggered the Larsen (perils of using bread) and the Fox had gone for the Robin fluttering about and was caught in the other compartment.

Regards WB

Never had a full grown fox or badger for that matter but I did have a full grown tawny owl and buzzard in the last few days, pretty interesting but at least no teeth !

an owl and a buzzard in the last few days , id put a camera near your traps