Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer allergy, who has one?

Deer allergy, who has one?

I know this has been discust before, but i just wondered how many people on here actually suffer some kind of Deer related allergy. I personally am allergic to both Muntjac and Roe to the point of getting itchy eyes and running noise if I handle the coat then rub an eye. The blood does not seem to affect me.

Only affected by Red Stag blood and only in the rut, the slightest scratch will become septic if in contact with the blood, this seems to be very common as I know a lot of people affected in the same way.

Itchy neck, eyes and running nose with Roe similar to a cat allergy cheers Hootsman
    Just Shoot The F..king Thing!

deer seem to be allergic to me , they seem to fall over with a big hole in them !

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Only affected by Red Stag blood and only in the rut, the slightest scratch will become septic if in contact with the blood, this seems to be very common as I know a lot of people affected in the same way.
    Don't have Reds here, but that's an interesting one. Is it the testosterone in the blood that causes the reaction, anyone know?

I've posted about this subject before - with me it is Roe blood, particularly if I haven't shot one for a while. Exposure to the blood makes my hands itch and burn like hell for a week or so. The symptoms lessen after the first two or three carcasses, aren't gender specific and the reaction doesn't happen with any other deer species.

Old deer i'm terrible with due to no reaction from touch, the doctors prescribed me blue pills.

Is that the excuse you use to get the missus to let you go stalking more, "I need to work on my allergic tolerance dear".

Not deer but my son is allergic to Giraffes..

Roe deer for me brings my hands out in a rash and if i touch my face my eyes begin to itch and swell up i get the same with rabbits