redfield or leupold ?

Hulse

I'm looking at buying a new scope for my 243 and seen the following

Leupold vx-2 fine duplex 4-12x40

Or

Redfield revolution 4-12x40 4plex

There is £100 difference but I know leupold make red field now so are they the same scope ? Or similar and which one to buy ?

​Thanks

Don't buy the redfield got a new one in the drawer would not cheat any one buy selling it to them was on the rifle for 20 shots

I had an early version of that model Leupold - Nothing wrong with it as a scope .

Light weight, reasonable in low light, I even got on with the fine duplex after having a 4A.

Didn't like the parralax on the Objective bell and the only place for a coin slot is the battery compartment

of a childs toy - not the adjustments of a £350 scope! More for your money if u buy second hand....

I'm looking at buying a new scope for my 243 and seen the following

Leupold vx-2 fine duplex 4-12x40

Or

Redfield revolution 4-12x40 4plex

There is £100 difference but I know leupold make red field now so are they the same scope ? Or similar and which one to buy ?

​Thanks

Hi, I am just about to advertise a few scopes for sale as I am reorganising my gun cabinet. One of them is a Leupold European 30mm tube 4-12x40 Duplex reticle (medium/heavy), this is better than the VXII range and easily on a par with the VXIII/VX3. It has hardly been used and includes box, butler creeks ect. I was looking for £350 when I offered it on a rifle but if it helps you out I will say £300 inc postage for a hassle free sale. Give me a call on 07825 972249 if you are interested. Cheers, Glyn.

Don't buy the redfield got a new one in the drawer would not cheat any one buy selling it to them was on the rifle for 20 shots

I'd second that. Redfield the worst scope I've ever had and that includes cheap air rifle scopes. Leupold O.K. but a second hand S&B or Meopta would be my choice if funds are limited.

I'd buy a second hand Schmidt or zeiss conquest and forget about leupod or red field

Do some research on the Zeiss conquests before buying. A disproportionate number of fellow shooters are having problems with them. Two I know of losing adjustment in one of the turrets.

Do some research on the Zeiss conquests before buying. A disproportionate number of fellow shooters are having problems with them. Two I know of losing adjustment in one of the turrets.
I can only speak for my own experiance with the conquest line I had the rapid z 600 and it was a great scope but I went back to fixed power eventually

Back