Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 527 Scope fitting

CZ 527 Scope fitting

Trying to guess what will fit is getting me nowhere, so thought I'd ask what others have.
    I have a S&B 6x42 on my 527 with medium Warne rings, scope sits nice and close and the famous bolt handle just clears the ocular bell. Problem is the eye relief,I just cant get it right. If I put my Leupold 6x42 on it, again it sits nice and close, eye relief is perfect but the bold handle hits the bell. S&B bell is 38.2 mm, the Leupold is 39.5 mm so not much in it.
    So, I'm looking for another scope, don't want bigger than a 42mm objective (looks silly on the wee 527) 1" tube, and a bit more magnification. Seen some pretty neat looking Minox and Bushnell scopes online but what will fit ?
    I'm not really after scope reviews, I'd rather know what other 527 owners have fitted, with the standard bolt handle. (bolt sculpture or a Calhoun replacement is the next step, but thought I'd ask first)

I had a Swarovski 6x42, followed a S&B 6x42 on my 527, used the standard CZ rings, fitted well and the eye relief was also spot on.

Also at first used a Cheap Nikon 4x32, also ok for eye relief.

Rifle now has a Swarovski 3-9x36 in Medium Warnes, eye relief is again fine.

Neil.

Hornet 6, your scopes all seem to sit higher than mine. I'm using the Warne Maxima rings, medium, they are definetly lower than yours. Think its time to get the grinder out !
    Thanks for the pics.

I have medium warne's on my 527 and they are just fine with both nikko stirling 4x32 1" and swaro 6x42.
    probably getting around 3mm clearance with no bolt alterations.
    Mossypaw, is yours a 30mm tube?

Warne rings are the same hight between bottom of scope tube and top of dovetail, for both the 1 inch and 30mm size, not ideal.
    The rings in the pics are the standard CZ rings that come with the rifle, pretty sure they measure .540" in height for 1 inch rings.
    Here is a pic of a 2.5-10x50 Zeiss classic divari with a 30 mm tube siting in Warne mediums, plenty of room for the bolt handle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zeiss on CZ527.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	279.3 KB 
ID:	26905

Rifle now has a Swarovski 3-9x36 in medium Warne's and the bolt handle needed grinding for clearance.
    I did it this way in the end to get the scope in the right place for a decent cheek weld.

Neil.

Last edited by Hornet 6; 11-04-2013 at 10:34.

Warne maxima medium rings are .425" (same for 1" and 30mm as Hornet 6 says) Guess the bolt clearance just depends on the scope, or the owners proximity to an angle grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Mossypaw View Post
    Warne maxima medium rings are .425" (same for 1" and 30mm as Hornet 6 says) Guess the bolt clearance just depends on the scope, or the owners proximity to an angle grinder
    Angle grinder
    A file is all that is needed, the slower you go the smaller the mistakes
    I just wish we could get hold of these CZ Replacement Bolt Handle
    Or the re-profiled ones from Calhoon's
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bolthandle.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	26917

Neil.

Neil,

why can't you get hold of the replacements?

regards,

Peter
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

quote[ Due to US export restrictions we will not ship the bolt handles outside the USA.*** but we do have some chaps on this site from the USA !!
    why don't you try to have one sent vie them as a gift!!
    2penny worth

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    Neil,

why can't you get hold of the replacements?

regards,

Peter

that's why I asked. I have lots of connections in the US and travel there myself somewhat frequently. I could be bribed to bring some over, at a price of course ;-)
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset