CZ 527 Scope fitting

Mossypaw

Trying to guess what will fit is getting me nowhere, so thought I'd ask what others have.
I have a S&B 6x42 on my 527 with medium Warne rings, scope sits nice and close and the famous bolt handle just clears the ocular bell. Problem is the eye relief,I just cant get it right. If I put my Leupold 6x42 on it, again it sits nice and close, eye relief is perfect but the bold handle hits the bell. S&B bell is 38.2 mm, the Leupold is 39.5 mm so not much in it.
So, I'm looking for another scope, don't want bigger than a 42mm objective (looks silly on the wee 527) 1" tube, and a bit more magnification. Seen some pretty neat looking Minox and Bushnell scopes online but what will fit ?
I'm not really after scope reviews, I'd rather know what other 527 owners have fitted, with the standard bolt handle. (bolt sculpture or a Calhoun replacement is the next step, but thought I'd ask first)

I had a Swarovski 6x42, followed a S&B 6x42 on my 527, used the standard CZ rings, fitted well and the eye relief was also spot on.

GEDC1487.jpg

Also at first used a Cheap Nikon 4x32, also ok for eye relief.

CZHornet2.jpg

Rifle now has a Swarovski 3-9x36 in Medium Warnes, eye relief is again fine.

Neil. :)

Hornet 6, your scopes all seem to sit higher than mine. I'm using the Warne Maxima rings, medium, they are definetly lower than yours. Think its time to get the grinder out !
Thanks for the pics.

I have medium warne's on my 527 and they are just fine with both nikko stirling 4x32 1" and swaro 6x42.
probably getting around 3mm clearance with no bolt alterations.
Mossypaw, is yours a 30mm tube?

Warne rings are the same hight between bottom of scope tube and top of dovetail, for both the 1 inch and 30mm size, not ideal.
The rings in the pics are the standard CZ rings that come with the rifle, pretty sure they measure .540" in height for 1 inch rings.
Here is a pic of a 2.5-10x50 Zeiss classic divari with a 30 mm tube siting in Warne mediums, plenty of room for the bolt handle.

Zeiss on CZ527.jpg

Rifle now has a Swarovski 3-9x36 in medium Warne's and the bolt handle needed grinding for clearance.
I did it this way in the end to get the scope in the right place for a decent cheek weld.

Last edited:
Warne maxima medium rings are .425" (same for 1" and 30mm as Hornet 6 says) Guess the bolt clearance just depends on the scope, or the owners proximity to an angle grinder :)

Warne maxima medium rings are .425" (same for 1" and 30mm as Hornet 6 says) Guess the bolt clearance just depends on the scope, or the owners proximity to an angle grinder :)

Angle grinder :eek:
A file is all that is needed, the slower you go the smaller the mistakes :oops:
I just wish we could get hold of these CZ Replacement Bolt Handle
Or the re-profiled ones from Calhoon's
bolthandle.jpg

quote[ Due to US export restrictions we will not ship the bolt handles outside the USA.*** but we do have some chaps on this site from the USA !!
why don't you try to have one sent vie them as a gift!!
2penny worth

Neil,

why can't you get hold of the replacements?

regards,

Peter

that's why I asked. I have lots of connections in the US and travel there myself somewhat frequently. I could be bribed to bring some over, at a price of course ;)

$100 AT THE MO' IS AROUND £65 ,ITS UP TO YOU HOW MUCH YOU WISH TO MAKE ON THE SD MEMBERS FELLER, I DO ALL MINE MYSELF CUT WELD ON 1/2 UNF STUD THREAD "N" TUBE BARREL BAR OR BALL JOB DONE SOME JUST CAN'T DO THERE OWN WORK .:tiphat:

that's why I asked. I have lots of connections in the US and travel there myself somewhat frequently. I could be bribed to bring some over, at a price of course ;)

So far because it isn't worth the hassle when the bolt handle is so easy to file down.
Hopefully I'll have another CZ 527 to play with soon, I may have a go at getting one then.

Hey, sorry for resurrecting this old thread.

I like your choice of scope hornet 6, I went for the same.

Quick question: has anyone found a way of importing the new style bolt handle? Am looking at a Varmint or an American in .223 for shooting the clubs cheapo GP90 military surplus. (And have a small deer / fox rifle).

ATB,

Scrummy

Hey, sorry for resurrecting this old thread.

I like your choice of scope hornet 6, I went for the same.

Quick question: has anyone found a way of importing the new style bolt handle? Am looking at a Varmint or an American in .223 for shooting the clubs cheapo GP90 military surplus. (And have a small deer / fox rifle).

ATB,

Scrummy

Good luck with importing one.
I spent far to long trying to no avail, seems a bolt handle is a lethal weapon of mass destruction.
If you have a friend in the us, and he doesn't mind bending the rules it could be done......
Get him to call CZ usa or one of the after market suppliers and order one, once it arrives he sends it to you as an engineering sample.
(be better if he doesn't attach his real name to the package)

To me it just isn't worth the hassle, after all it isn't a big job to grind a stock one down and re-finish.

Back