Out too 500yds this time

Out early again yesterday afternoon thought I would put a target out to 500yds,i patched the target and drove down and put it up,wind was helping today but coming from about 7 o'clock on angle I was at,I was shooting slightly down hill,I did try and shoot when the wind eased,using my 25-06 and 85gr nos bal tips,dialled in 1.7 mils and fired thee shots strait at it,,was pretty good result,not sure if the wind took one or I pulled slightly,the 2 shots on the target were 1.5 inches apart,the one just off the target opened the group out too 2.7 inches,certainly good enough to flatten mr fox at that range.

Looks good to me one dead deer I think but that's not stalking is it

A deer at that range :eek:,would be too easy :D,a magpie or a crow is more of a challenge,just missed a magpie the other week at 575yds,they don't stand still for long :rolleyes:

Oh yes,I love to put the target up and have a play,the trouble with going to bisley shooting at 600 to 1000yds you only get to see your markers on the targets not the targets as we don't do are own marking.is nice too see an actual target with you own eyes,was disappointed I had the one off to the right but still not a bad result.

Check out the vertical spread, you have the most accurate 25-06 in the world! I prefer to use a coin to hide the flyers, the tape is too obvious!

Check out the vertical spread, you have the most accurate 25-06 in the world! I prefer to use a coin to hide the flyers, the tape is too obvious!
Hi gar,if you look at my previous 450yd target you will see its the same target and patching will match,its on the thread made a right hash,regards swaro

its has promise,get your standard deviation down and you should be able to do better and get rid of the vertical.case prep is key

its has promise,get your standard deviation down and you should be able to do better and get rid of the vertical.case prep is key
You must be seeing the target on its side,all shots are almost the same height ,2 shots on the target and one just off on the right

If the stickers are 1" in diameter, and this assumption corresponds with the posters measurement of CtC of 1.5", the group measures 3.36" CtC or 3.66" to cover the holes.

Measurements taken with my digital calipers so spot on to the fow of an inch,oal of the target is 2.5 inches square give or take a fow :D,it was ctc measurements,centre oof the hole is the centre :D

Last edited:
nice shooting what was velocity and es number over chronagraph.
one thing I will say is barrel wont last long shooting 85grs.been there done it .

When I measured fps they were doing 3333fps on 46.5grs of varget,38 fow off the rifling,not fast at all

Hi gar,if you look closely at the top target there is a white patch in the middle and a black patch in the right hand bottom black square,this was the first time I shot at it with my 308,if you look for the thread further ammo testing them 2 patches will correspond :D

Back