Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .17 hmr rounds again

.17 hmr rounds again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faulty .17 round 1.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	419.9 KB 
ID:	26829. This is what to look out for when that .17 HMR doesn't sound right. This is what we found when a friend of mine was using a .17 saturday night. He nearly chambered another round when i grabbed his hand and said, wait, i had one blow up my gun.

When this happened to me last year the importer paid for a new Gun, with the fantastic help from the GUNROOM IVYBRIDGE
    Lets wait for the post that someone has been seriously hurt with these rounds woodfordfallow

Quote Originally Posted by woodfordfallow View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	faulty .17 round 1.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	419.9 KB 
ID:	26829. This is what to look out for when that .17 HMR doesn't sound right. This is what we found when a friend of mine was using a .17 saturday night. He nearly chambered another round when i grabbed his hand and said, wait, i had one blow up my gun. When this happened to me last year the importer paid for a new Gun, with the fantastic help from the GUNROOM IVYBRIDGE Lets wait for the post that someone has been seriously hurt with these rounds woodfordfallow
    happened to me on Thursday. I didn't hear the difference and tried to cycle the bolt as I thought I had missed the rabbit. luckily the round was stuck far enough back that the next bullet hit it and my bolt wouldn't close.

what make was the ammunition please

thats it i'v had it with the 17hmr super gun its for sale sako with atac mod and rings & 700 plus rounds all hornady 17g whats it worth??
    this is getting out of control every day we read about some poor bugger with his hmr horror story ,whats the gun trade doing apart from grabbin the sold fee!
    i'am not letting my son be the first on the list to be hurt bad .

Quote Originally Posted by mollydog View Post
    what make was the ammunition please
    mone was hornady but I believe its sorted with the new stock now. My stock is 12month old.

Don't think it matters which ammo it is. If the HMR goes click for any reason, even if you know there was no cartridge in there,
    STOP, REMOVE BOLT, SHINE TORCH DOWN BARREL, (most of my shooting is done at night) AND MAKE SURE IT IS CLEAR.
    I still have my old stock with a very large hole in it to remember.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

ive got 500 hornady from last year may take them back to dealer thanks for the heads up

is this the only cal it happens to, bloody scary thought...have a 223 sako 85 is there any bother with them

just found this on net
    USA
    If you have any Remington 17 HMR ammunition that you wish to return to Remington contact the Remington Consumer Service number below. Do not return the ammunition to the dealer. Remington will provide you with a $10.00 coupon for each complete box of 50 rounds of Remington branded 17 HMR ammunition you return to Remington. This coupon will be good for the purchase of any Remington ammunition at your local dealer.
    WILL a uk dealer take hornady back ! if so i have 700 to send back

johnny77
    just this cal i also run a 308 sako 85 with no problems its the ammo not the rifle but you can't have one without the other
    Last edited by paul o'; 08-04-2013 at 21:42.

im still new to useing my .17hmr, is it just a faulty batch of ammo which is mis firering, is the the bullet head getting stuck in the barrel??
    atb
    simon