Thread: First aid for stalkers.

First aid for stalkers.

Rural First Aid and Safety Awareness.
    Aimed at rural sport enthusiasts, gamekeepers, stalkers, woodsmen and anyone else working or relaxing remotely, this Stalking in England course offers an awareness of remote location safety, first aid treatments and life saving techniques. During the two day course we will take you through a large selection of scenarios and gives both theoretical knowledge and practical training with sessions out on the ground here at Stalking in England. Armed with the knowledge we then explain the considerations to take prior to the emergency services arriving.

Quotes

“I attended the first aid course with Stalking in England and I found it to be extremely helpful and relevant to everyday situations that I might encounter when out stalking or shooting, the staff was very experienced and explained everything very well. I fell this course should be mandatory before applying for an FAC or shotgun certificate I feel a lot more confident to approach a real emergency if one was to occur when out in the field”

Thanks again to all the staff at stalking in england
    Best regards
    Elliot Jackson

“What a course, absolutely appropriate for our sport, totally in line with what we do every day. Thanks to Joe for his time and thanks to Mark for arranging these to days. I think this type of course should be compulsory for any person who practices field sports”.

Thanks again,

Louis Davis.

Next dates 1st and 2nd of June. Please see the website for details and PM in the first instance.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

NICE ONE MARK I HOPE ITS A FULL COURSE WELL DONE

Mark as you probably know first aid at work is now required if you wish to lease ground off the FCS or Contract Stalk would this coarse cover you for that.???

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Mark as you probably know first aid at work is now required if you wish to lease ground off the FCS or Contract Stalk would this coarse cover you for that.???
    Hi 6p, no it doesn't give you the HSE FAW Certificate, I'm working on that at the moment its for those that wish to start or extend their knowledge, with remote locations and rural activities considered

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Its through stalking in england but Joe is in charge of getting it all sorted out , so its with him. That said I sat in last week and it was one of the most interesting courses I have ever been involved with. To here about things like gun shot wounds from someone who has dealt with them first hand was very sobering
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkinginengland View Post
    Its through stalking in england but Joe is in charge of getting it all sorted out , so its with him. That said I sat in last week and it was one of the most interesting courses I have ever been involved with. To here about things like gun shot wounds from someone who has dealt with them first hand was very sobering
    As Mark says, feel free to fire me any messages regarding the course etc
    Merda taurorum animas conturbit

Account Suspended
    Does the St johns team do a similar course ?
    > http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/training-c...se-search.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Lord muck View Post
    Does the St johns team do a similar course ? > http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/training-c...se-search.aspx
    Hi LM,

As with any FA, the principles, signs and symptoms, and treatments are all similar or the same.

However, this course, as its states, is designed and developed to be geared towards rural sport enthusiasts, gamekeepers, stalkers, woodsmen and anyone else working or relaxing remotely. I'm sure with a combination of a few St Johns courses you would find out some of the techniques shown, however, for an outdoorsmen, this course shows a lot of eventualities that you don't find taught in courses that are aimed at being close to professional help.

Maintenance of condition and supporting the casualty for a lengthy amount of time is something that is generally glossed over with the hope of a big yellow bus tipping up within a short space of time.

Any further questions please feel free to ask.

I hope this helps

Regards

​Joe

Course is booking up well but there are places left for 01/02 June 13. Look forward to meeting some more of you