Loaded sunday evening for a range trip this week !

6pt-sika

Just finished loading for this coming week !

IMR4831 , IMR4350 and IMR4007 with the Nosler 100 BT in my wife's Ranger Arms 25-06 LH .
Some more Speer 165's with IMR4064 in my friends Savage Axis 308 .
Some more Ranch Dog 432-265GC loaded with IMR8208 for my circa 1968 444 Target Rifle .

Some Ranch Dog 460-350GC with 55 grains of H322 for my gunsmith buddies Pedersoli Sharps .

And finally some of Mt Sourdough's 433-425GC bullets with RL-7 and Varget to shoot in my circa 2001 Marlin 444 .

Also have stuff sitting out waiting to shoot the Wm Mason 1861 contract musket at some point this week .

Won't do the musket the same day as the others , but if I get industriouse monday and tuesday I might load up some Gould 330 grain HP's for my 1884 Trapdoor with SR4759 and XMP5744 .

Couple pics from last evening when I was loading for the range trip this week !
I gotta say I like the wife's rifle even if it's wrong handed for me

RangerArms4-8-13_zps22d38e8d.png

And a pic of the loaded rounds for the 25-06 , all the blue tipped ones are Nosler 100 BT's

RangerArmsAmmo25-06_zps5eef6c97.png

Hi 6 point.
I am a leftie so find that Rifle very interesting. Never heard of that Manufacturer before.
What is the Blue Press in the foreground set at an angle and also what is the Die screwed into it mate?
Cheers.

Yorkie.

Hi 6 point.
I am a leftie so find that Rifle very interesting. Never heard of that Manufacturer before.
What is the Blue Press in the foreground set at an angle and also what is the Die screwed into it mate?
Cheers.

Yorkie.

Thats a CH-4D press don't remmember which model . but my gunsmith buddy bought that so I had one that would accept the dies for his 505 Gibbs . The die in it is a RCBS bullet puller die , that thing works great for pulling bullets and not wasting them unlike the inertia hammer style bullet pullers .

Ranger Arms was the manufacturer of my wife's rifle . They were a semi custom compnay in Texas that manufactured their own actions and rifles from 1968 until about 1977 . There used to be a semi custom Company called Bortmess Arms in Pennsylvania that used the Ranger actions also to make some of their rifles .

I want to get her another left hand rifle in 260 REM or 6.5 Creedmoor . Anf there are a couple options that intrest me . The first would be a Ruger #1A in 6.5 Creedmoor or possibly 6.5x55 as Ruger chambered both cartridges in the 1A .
The second option would be a Cooper Model 54 in 260 or 6.5 Creedmoor as they make lefty rifles .
And the third option would be finding a nice older Remington 700BDL LH in either 243 or 308 and put a #3 Shilen barrel on it .

I would like to get her another "nice" looking (ie blued with nice wood) rifle hence the choices mentioned . However the Savage Model 11 Trophy Hunter can be had in 260 REM LH with a Nikon 3-9 on top for about $500 ready to go but it's matte blued with a synthetic stock .

Last edited:
Back