Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash hole Deburring tool depth ?

Flash hole Deburring tool depth ?

Hi all

i am getting some kit together to start loading, I have just got a rcbs flash hole debuting tool but there are no instructions with it
    i was wondering at what depth to set the guide when I start

​regards rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich h View Post
    Hi all

i am getting some kit together to start loading, I have just got a rcbs flash hole debuting tool but there are no instructions with it
    i was wondering at what depth to set the guide when I start

​regards rich
    before you use it make sure all your case are the same length as once its set the cut it makes will be different,as to the depth of cut you just want to make a very light chamfer,so I find to set one up place the tool into the case and lock it off,you then can slightly adjust the depth by adjusting the locking collar by feel then make a cut,you can usually feel it working taking the burrs off the flash hole

SD Regular
    Hi...without being rude or impolite, and not knowing the TYPE of shooting you are doing...why do you need a flash hole de-burring tool?

These really are for benchrest type shooters seeking to reduce a quarter inch group to a one eight inch group and WILL HAVE NO MEASURABLE EFFECT on any reloading for rifles used for stalking or "hunting" and reloaded with standard factory FL die sets.

If you were sold such kit by your local gun shop and you explained that you were reloading for stalking or "hunting" then you have been sold something you do not need.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkingsnake View Post
    +1 for the K&M tool. Very handy and easy to use as part of the brass prep cycle. Regards JCS

Thanks for the replies guys, I will be doing more range shooting than stalking as everything when new to something the more you read the more you get in to things, ill give it a go when I start, see if it makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Hi...without being rude or impolite, and not knowing the TYPE of shooting you are doing...why do you need a flash hole de-burring tool?

These really are for benchrest type shooters seeking to reduce a quarter inch group to a one eight inch group and WILL HAVE NO MEASURABLE EFFECT on any reloading for rifles used for stalking or "hunting" and reloaded with standard factory FL die sets.

If you were sold such kit by your local gun shop and you explained that you were reloading for stalking or "hunting" then you have been sold something you do not need.
    that's a bold statement mate,nothing wrong with taking all the variables out of your home loads to make them better,at the end of the day accuracy kills wouldn't you agree

Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    that's a bold statement mate,nothing wrong with taking all the variables out of your home loads to make them better,at the end of the day accuracy kills wouldn't you agree
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by see it shoot it View Post
    + another 1
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

+ another 1 for the K&M tool, I started using one a while ago and I think it made a difference. It's also a good way of cleaning the primer pocket before re-priming.

However, the OP did ask about a flash hole deburring tool, which is not the same thing?

Andrew