Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best .22sub sonic ammo on market

best .22sub sonic ammo on market

wondering what everyone on the forum is using in there .22 rimfires with moderator, ive always used .22 winchester subs sonics and im reluctant to change however i could be persuaded to buy something differnt to try? anyoen use cci?
    so question is whos using what?
    LIVE AND LET LIVE! THERES ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY!

Always swore by the Eley ones myself...sometimes used Winchester if the shop had no Eley in stock

Ely provided noticeably tighter groups than the winchesters in my anschutz .22rf at weekend, but I guess each gun is different.

Novice

+1 eley are for me but cost has gone mad trying rem subs jury's still out

Quote Originally Posted by saddler View Post
    Always swore by the Eley ones myself...sometimes used Winchester if the shop had no Eley in stock

I have used magtec no good for me winchester good but then i found rws good grouping and very good kills never changed from then and its been five years

Tried eley,cci and various others over the years but keep coming back to Winchester, some brands were slightly more accurate but the Winchesters seem to hit harder.

always used eley, tried a lot of others and eley always grouped best in my old pump action browning or my semi auto remington

Winchester for me, maybe not the best accuracy although still more than good enough, but definitely the best for clean kills.
    ​Eley and RWS gave fractionally smaller groups but didn't kill anything like as well.

Neil.

It all depends on your rifle, usually Winchester subs suit pretty well everything but I have a CZ that just won't work with them at all. I tried 6 different makes and CCI worked best followed by Eley match

I used to use Eley, but now use RWS.