best .22sub sonic ammo on market

robert1666

wondering what everyone on the forum is using in there .22 rimfires with moderator, ive always used .22 winchester subs sonics and im reluctant to change however i could be persuaded to buy something differnt to try? anyoen use cci?
so question is whos using what?:D

Always swore by the Eley ones myself...sometimes used Winchester if the shop had no Eley in stock

Ely provided noticeably tighter groups than the winchesters in my anschutz .22rf at weekend, but I guess each gun is different.

Novice

I have used magtec no good for me winchester good but then i found rws good grouping and very good kills never changed from then and its been five years

Tried eley,cci and various others over the years but keep coming back to Winchester, some brands were slightly more accurate but the Winchesters seem to hit harder.

always used eley, tried a lot of others and eley always grouped best in my old pump action browning or my semi auto remington

Winchester for me, maybe not the best accuracy although still more than good enough, but definitely the best for clean kills.
​Eley and RWS gave fractionally smaller groups but didn't kill anything like as well.

Neil. :)

It all depends on your rifle, usually Winchester subs suit pretty well everything but I have a CZ that just won't work with them at all. I tried 6 different makes and CCI worked best followed by Eley match

It all depends on your rifle, usually Winchester subs suit pretty well everything but I have a CZ that just won't work with them at all. I tried 6 different makes and CCI worked best followed by Eley match
I had very similar results through my Marlin. Loves the CCI. Eley is next best, followed by RWS, Winchester was utterly terrible.

I use the CCI segmented hollow points. Pricey but they seem to kill well.

Try some Magtech. They are a Brazillian company. I was told that they bought the original reloading equipment used to make Winchester subs, so they are effectively making Winchester ammo at reduced cost! They get some good reviews.
MS

i use remmington or cci, i have used winchesters but there more money.
my 10/22 doesnt take eley, they seem to jam up, i was told is to do with the waxy coating on them.
atb
simon

Eley for me,rifle groups fine with Winchester or RWS, but is just that bit better with Eley.

cci segmented for outstanding kills from a 22lr shoots the same point of impact as the win subs in my rifle, very expensive but nothing touches them

In my CZ, standard CCI subs were the most accurate, although the Winchester's -for a minimal loss of accuracy- hit harder.

Since trying the CCI Segmented though they have the accuracy and seem to hit much harder than the Winchesters :thumb:

That said the CCI Segmented are definitely pricey.

In my Annie eley subs are best, however i agree with MS Magtech are also very good, trouble is 1 getting hold of them and 2 they are now very pricey. Years ago the were soo cheap and they have a big hollow nose, brilliant for magpie shooting. New Eleys are different from the original ones and also have a bigger hole.

Lots of places esp up north dont stock eley and i have used Whinchester subs which look mighty similar to Magtechs.

10x or above is best out of my annie, but then again eley test all their ammo out of annie barrels.

D

Back