Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rem 700 bolt

rem 700 bolt

Anyone had any accidental discharge when closing the bolt?

I closed the bolt on an empty REM 700 .243 when I noticed it had been triggered without pressing the trigger.

Any reason why this could have happened?

Do a search on the web and you will find many instances of this. I sem to remember that Remington had several recalls in the past to remedy a fault. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact circumstances.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Has anyone been adjusting the trigger ?

Sounds to me like it's been set too light. As I found out on mine a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by The deer man View Post
    Sounds to me like it's been set too light. As I found out on mine a few years back.
    did your do the same?

it does have a nice light trigger , just bought it s/h. has a lot lighter than my other rem700.

​cheers leon

Happened to me on my ADL 22-250 years back, I got shut of the rifle as it worried me.
    But what I should have done was got a riflesmith to check the trigger and adjust it.

That's a std Remington 700 feature .................................................. ........... didn't you know?

get the trigger checked or learn to adjust it yourself. If you do adjust it, try it out for slam firing , then also test it by dropping it on the butt pad to see if it goes off. If oyu are not sure then get it to a riflesmith......not an RFD.

Google remmington crisp, will give you the info you need to work out if yours has bee tinkered with , also is it a factory trigger ?

That said if you have any doubts about your ability to adjust a trigger give it to a gunsmith .

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    That's a std Remington 700 feature .................................................. ........... didn't you know?

I must have a non-standard Remmy 700 then, as mine hasnt done it in the 6 yrs I have had it? Can I use your name as a reference when I demand my refund?
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.