Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Scotland

Police Scotland

Big pat on the back for Police Scotland (Lothian and Borders) for the speedy handling of my variation for a .270 and sound moderator. Three weeks from start to finish. Thanks also to the members of Stalking Directory for your help.

Now the hunt begins for a lefty .270.

ATB

​Jim

Three weeks? Are you being sarcastic?

to be fair, I was down at Fettes today to pick up some visitors firearms licenses, it's only taken them just over a week from application to having been issued.

​nothing but praise from me.

+1 Glasgow Firearms Licencing..... 1 for 1 variation...... Last Thursday.... got phone call to pick up yesterday, Tuesday ....... EXCELLENT.......
    long may it continue.....

David.

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    to be fair, I was down at Fettes today to pick up some visitors firearms licenses, it's only taken them just over a week from application to having been issued.

​nothing but praise from me.
    My area requires twenty eight working days to do visitors permits , usually done much quicker but they won't guarantee any sooner, I don't see that as a problem as long as its clear how long it takes, having said that I have had them do them for me in a week in an emergency.

Can't fault them.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    Three weeks? Are you being sarcastic?
    Not too bad for this neck of the woods, (not a 1 for 1).

I asked that question today of Grampian anticipating some delay due to the merger. They said they couldn't give a figure. A day, a week, a fortnight, a month, a quarter? They seem to turn things around in a week or so but I wonder whether there is a "service agreement" or target for administrative events such as variations. I'm sure most public service groups now have to report on metrics.

Don't hunt just get a blaser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackerman View Post
    Big pat on the back for Police Scotland (Lothian and Borders) for the speedy handling of my variation for a .270 and sound moderator. Three weeks from start to finish. Thanks also to the members of Stalking Directory for your help.

Now the hunt begins for a lefty .270.

ATB

​Jim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_2447-1-M.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	26895£££££££££sssssss, I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    Don't hunt just get a blaser!

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    My area requires twenty eight working days to do visitors permits , usually done much quicker but they won't guarantee any sooner, I don't see that as a problem as long as its clear how long it takes, having said that I have had them do them for me in a week in an emergency.

Can't fault them.

Youve been lucky boggy... You know the p@@h, hassle and time I had with my last 1 4 1!!! Normally 2 weeks but jees slmost 2 months last time round blaming everybody but themselves.... Thrn there was the cancelling my last ticket before I handed it in. Lets see what happens in a week or so with my latest 1 4 1.. Stratchclyde can do it normally in a few days why cant the rest be the same. Ill have a letter of complaint written when this 1 goes in in readiness Im not missing and hitting the wall nor just going with the flow this time..

Nutty