Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wat do I need

Established Poster
    Blog Entries

wat do I need

I am new to tge stalking game as many know I have been accepted for the bursary I am trying to get to a point were I can go out and stalk. Wat equipment do I need to be thinking about getting. I am going to start and buy things gradually. If you are going to give a smart answer please jist take your face for a sh ite instead.
    Atb
    Adam

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    And I am very grateful for the bursary by the way

IMO the bare esensual are in this order, good boots binos, knife and rifle. dependent on terrain shooting sticks but thats all, other items like drag equipment, flags first aid will be needed but if i am out on the farm that is all i take.

Sorry forgot moblie phone.

other can say what they think but this would be my minimum gear.

adam forget about all the fancy stuff the main things you need for stalking are
    rifle
    scope
    bins
    sticks
    possably roe sack makes things easier
    good knife
    warm clothes
    the rest is things you collect along the way because you cant help it
    i would look at an older rifle with a decent scope and good bins as if these are not up to it you wont find the deer in the first place and when i say good minox do some cracking bins for not alot of money ,hope this helps wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Spend money on binos first as you'll spend most of your time looking through those.
    Then spend on a decent scope, and finally find a rifle in a calibre that you're happy shooting (.243/6.5/.270/.308)
    I'd buy quality and secondhand, as some other b*gger has already taken the hit.

All depends on budget. If you've got £2000 to spend, you're laughing. If < £1000, then there's plenty of choice in all 3 categories above, but beware, you WILL upgrade as soon as you can. Generally as soon as you've lifted someone else's kit up and had a look... I know I did!

Beyond that, good boots, gloves and knife are essential. Trousers and jacket can be DPM off eBay, but keep an eye out for secondhand Deerhunter kit as it's warm and waterproof.

Also - Cleaning kit, rifle slip, sling, bipod & sticks.

You'll buy all the above, plus some. Some of it you'll never use, some of it you'll upgrade and some of it will be buried with you...

Welcome to the madhouse

Cheers
    iain

PS Best not to get offended before anyone actually has a pop - and they will - so I'd tone the attitude down and you'll get more help. There is a sh*tload of experience on here, but be pleasant, and you'll get to see more of it. Just a thought
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    It was ment in jest as I know some will come with some

It was ment in jest as I know some will come with some

Some of us are so full of it we just can't help ourselves .
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    I know not aiming it at any one person but I kbow who will come with the comments lol

Established Poster
    Blog Entries
    Snowy hows ur lights
    And has your egg gone off your head yet

Lights are fine mate, still got the egg it aint hatched yet . How you doing with the revision for the dsc1 you got started yet.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg