.20 cal ammo

bobjs

just about to start using my 20 cal again, but ? both my local shops that i use have mentioned problems with ammo components issues.

none of them have 20 cal heads left and they mentioned that they sell out fast when they have them,

anyone have the same issues, im not after many as the 20 is still for sale but i feel the need to get out and do a bit of foxing

bob.

Hello Bob

From what I understand the Sierra BK are as good as non existant on the shelves of gun shops at this time - been told that a 12 month wait is not out of the question. I have a 100 Hornaday 40 gr V max coming and will use these as an alternative to my usual Sierra 39 gr.

With the above possible situation, looks like my plinking sessions will have to go on hold this Summer

Peter

Hello Bob

From what I understand the Sierra BK are as good as non existant on the shelves of gun shops at this time - been told that a 12 month wait is not out of the question. I have a 100 Hornaday 40 gr V max coming and will use these as an alternative to my usual Sierra 39 gr.

With the above possible situation, looks like my plinking sessions will have to go on hold this Summer

Peter

Hi Pete,

thanks for that rather sad news, seen a few heads for sale on outside areas, but none as yet where prepared to ship to the uk, like you i like to have a plink but ill have to wait.

i have a 100 40s and i have about 30 39s left so ill load them up and keep the 40s to go with the rifle,

kind regards

bob.

Hi Pete,

thanks for that rather sad news, seen a few heads for sale on outside areas, but none as yet where prepared to ship to the uk, like you i like to have a plink but ill have to wait.

i have a 100 40s and i have about 30 39s left so ill load them up and keep the 40s to go with the rifle,

kind regards

bob.

Bob forest lodge in lincs ive just bought 500 39 blitz kings from them
regards pete.

hi bob slip to the side on your post, essex don't like 17hmr for fox so thinking of replacing it for a tac 20 or 204 how quite can thay be made and how far can thay reach .sorry to butin
:tiphat:
paul
just about to start using my 20 cal again, but ? both my local shops that i use have mentioned problems with ammo components issues.

none of them have 20 cal heads left and they mentioned that they sell out fast when they have them,

anyone have the same issues, im not after many as the 20 is still for sale but i feel the need to get out and do a bit of foxing

bob.

hi bob slip to the side on your post, essex don't like 17hmr for fox so thinking of replacing it for a tac 20 or 204 how quite can thay be made and how far can thay reach .sorry to butin
paul

Paul,
Devastating fox round - they are hard, fast rounds, so not completely sure how quiet you can make them - but others on here with more experience of the calibre than me will soon tell you. Just watch Essex FLO - when I enquired, it was seen as a 'new-fangled' calibre and unnecessary - have a 223 instead.....(!!!) I opted for a 22.250 as a general workhorse, and had to press a little to get that. I think there are shooters with them in county though. Have you considered a 17C/F as an option? - or even a 22 Hornet?

E t R

paul

Hi Paul

as EtR says very hard hitting round and works very well for me, the longest fox taken was with 1S1K on here at over 350 yards, to be honest i have taken shots on furballs and corvids well past 400,

mine likes the 39s and 40 gr heads, but at the moment im just using it with a few 32s and they will drop charlie no bother, i have heard that some forces seem to think its a new calibre so as said be sure they know what your after before thay cOOk it all up for you as they have with a mate on here.

as for noise its lower than my 243/or a 22,250, and im running a ase cqb on mine with a 20" barrel, its a tad louder than my mates 222 and another 223, so thats all i can say, but i will say this.

i don't get many complaints from the charlies etc when i'm out shooting, (well i'm just getting a few shots of this weekend on the estate as i have now been given permission to take a few charlies ) until now i have not shot it or any rifle for a fare while.

good luck on it if you go for it i have had 2 now and love them to bits and if i can sell my 243 and my 17 i will try my best to hold onto this one and my ticket for as long as i Can.

Pete,

I'm not flush with cash as yet, still have a few bob to pay dad back, so when i'm flush ill see what and where i can find some heads.

regards

bob.

Essex will have no problem with a 20 Tac as long as (as is usual) you have good reason, mine wasn't questioned at all.

Pete,

I'm not flush with cash as yet, still have a few bob to pay dad back, so when i'm flush ill see what and where i can find some heads.

regards

bob.

Bob if you can just source some of the 39 's and reserve them, I will get the money to you and we can take it from there. No problem about the amount involved as I am on a RFD ticket (not retail but a gun repair business) and have a few chums locally with 20's who are in the same boat as me.

Regards
Peter

Bob if you can just source some of the 39 's and reserve them, I will get the money to you and we can take it from there. No problem about the amount involved as I am on a RFD ticket (not retail but a gun repair business) and have a few chums locally with 20's who are in the same boat as me.

Regards
Peter

thank you for that pete,

Ill see what i can sort out and if i can find some ill drop you a line via this site.

kind regards

bob.

Back