SD member feedback

J4se0

Having recently been messed around by what transpires to be a total time waster from this site, it got me thinking. As this is effectively a 'faceless' forum with most members/users rarely knowing each other personally, I thought it may be useful to have an option to leave or be left feedback (similar to eBay). This could be used for a variety of things from classified ad transactions to stalking outings. Obviously all feedback must be constructive, be it negative or positive, and evidenced to support any comments so as not to wrongfully tarnish anyone's reputation.

It may well be that it is not possible or too difficult for the site owners to administer but nonetheless I thought it to be at least worthy of debate. Time is precious nowadays and any system that would help to ensure that the genuine folk are clearly identifiable form those who are not so, would certainly be appreciated by me and I suspect many others.

Any thoughts???????

Good idea, other forums manage to do it ok.
So who messed you about, just so we know ?

Neil. :)

Could be any 8 from 10 going on my experiences on here, although just had an excellent trouble free deal with mark-joppa great guy to deal with :thumb:.

Got nothing against your idea would probably be a good thing

you would be surprised though when youve been on a while and met a few guys
or have had conversation .
it dosent take long to find out who the messers are bad news travels fast

regards pete .

so why not?

A few things...

1) Most people don't even mark their threads as sold. They most likely won't bother with feedback either
2) Negative feedback gets left much more often than positive because when people are happy they just go on their way
3) EVERY time someone gets left negative feedback they would be on to us appealing it. Then we would have to arbitrate every single transaction and we simply can't.

I would say all things considered you stand a much better chance of putting your stalking items under the noses of people looking for them on here and over all much less chance of time wasting than on eBay. And of course on here it's free.

I'm always open to suggestions about how it could work but I can see it ending up with a load of disgruntled people looking to Admin to sort out something that is ultimately out of our control.

Last edited:
The principle is right but I entirely see csl's point. Even eBay hasn't got it right. It seems it is no longer possible to leave negative feedback. I have twice now sold items at four figure prices where the purchaser has failed to pay. One even appeared, eventually, to pay by eurocheque which is some sort of slow bank transfer - on the very last day (7 days from memory) he cancelled. Both of these people will only have an unpaid item noted.

It is always tempting to react to the rogue few.

I have bought and sold countless items on here . .including four firearms and a car and have never had a minutes bother.

Its a great idea in theory, practically as csl has pointed out another matter. Its a great forum but it's called the stalking directory and although its great to be able to buy and exchange a bit of kit etc most don't log on for the car boot type selling that sometimes occurs. Just my humble opinion as always :lol:.

ps might improve things if deals were struck on the open forum instead of pm's then people should quickly see who the messers are.

Last edited:
A few things...

1) Most people don't even mark their threads as sold. They most likely won't bother with feedback either
2) Negative feedback gets left much more often than positive because when people are happy they just go on their way
3) EVERY time someone gets left negative feedback they would be on to us appealing it. Then we would have to arbitrate every single transaction and we simply can't.

I would say all things considered you stand a much better chance of putting your stalking items under the noses of people looking for them on here and over all much less chance of time wasting than on eBay. And of course on here it's free.

I'm always open to suggestions about how it could work but I can see it ending up with a load of disgruntled people looking to Admin to sort out something that is ultimately out of our control.

Too true Alex.
I can only say that all the site menbers that I have dealt with to date would have very positive feed back from me. I can also say that I have used ebay on times but the last time I tried to use it to sell a large item for the rifle club it turned out to be a right royal pain in the arse. I sold the item three times and each time got messed around by complete dills in spite of accurate descriptions and photographs, and what did e-bay do about it, very little apart from paying back my fees twice and relisting. E-bay never again.

Last edited:
I have only bought two things of here and both were no problem, I have sold two things, one no problem, the other never paid me and I ended up letting it ride (life is short enough) the said person is no longer posting.

I don't think you need feedback just by looking back through some ones posts you get a very very good idea of what they are like :D.

I met a lot of great lads off here and maybe a tosser or two :D

Personally I have never bought anything off the classifieds, not because I do not trust anyone, its just I do not need anymore gear.

The majority of the membership are honourable people, and many more have helped others out and offered help all for free. Of course we have a few who decide to cause issues, but you will get that with people no matter what you do to try and prevent it.

To be honest if i have anything to sell stalking related it will be on here.
I have only sold one thing to date, but within a few hours of getting a pm off the guy he had done a BACS transfer, i was happy and he was happy with the coat, and no rip off commission to pay to ebay.
Obviously if you are trade you pay your £10 to the site owners, but the transaction can't have any come back on the site owners, its between yourselves, simples.
Cheers
Richard

We sell lots of products on here every week to forum members and the guests who browse then contact us directly with many being repeat customers - we don't get any hassle, all transactions are honoured whether by cheque, bank transfer or paypal.

Sometimes folk state they are deffinately having something then don't state when the have changed their minds, but I can live with that as someone else will always be interested.

So works just fine for me :thumb:

I have sold a 3 yr old LR Discovery, various optics, 3 firearms, knives etc etc on this site and not once been messed about.

Why confuse an already effective system with feedback ?

Regards

​Ed

Only those with something to hide wouldn't want it! It's been done on other sites so why not?

No, no, no, no, NO! This is a terrible argument that so many people seem to swallow too easily. Who decides what it is that you should have to hide? Someone who just dislikes someone else for whatever reason could leave them bad feedback and land them in trouble just because they don't like the cut of their jib. It's essentially the same thing as the proposal some time back that ex-partners should be asked when investigating FAC applicants. The coppers could easily say that you'd only object if you had something to hide. But what you have to hide may just be personal acrimony with no bearing on the matter at hand.

I really wish that this argument would lay down and die. Sorry if I seem to overreact a bit but I've seen this used so much in other contexts to nefarious ends that it really raises my hackles...

Back