Evolution vs BASC

6.5/284matt

If these two were to have a race my money would be on evolution every time.
I say this because of how slowly basc handled my level 2.
My certificate finally landed on the door mat yesterday 4 and a half months after they recieved it.
There were no hiccups with the portfolio, in fact it was an "impressive portfolio" (not my words).
Trying to contact my assessor was impossible and the only response I could get from the basc office is that he's a busy man(not my problem).
Im no normally one to openly complain but I found this service shocking and for an organisation as big as they are I just expected a bit more professionalism.
Explore your options guys.

​Matt.

Matt,

That's a shame. Much as I do not think BASC are the most user friendly organisation in general, they handled the processing of my portfolio with due speed and diligence and well within the 8 weeks they told me it would take from recieving it. I could give them nothing but praise for how it was handled. And seeing as how it is always easy to critcise it is nice to be able to report a good outcome, at least for me. My thanks to Mary and Jamie for how it was handled!

​Simon

I'm not making excuses for BASC or any assessment centre that has delays but sometimes it is genuinely not the assessment centre's fault. The portfolio has to go through a few pairs of hands and it is easy for one person to get behind with illness or a misplaced portfolios. It could just be a case that your portfolio was the first on a guys mat for verifying and he only does them once say 10 has turned up so he can take a day at it. Then the next person did the same... maybe a person was ill and they just said he was busy to cover? who knows?

It's a pity it took ages and I'm sure BASC would be unhappy that you had to wait so long but the important thing is you passed!! Good man! :thumb:

Sorry to here it took so long for yours and understandably you should be annoyed. I can only say they were most helpful with my portfolio Mary and Chris kept me up to speed on the whole thing. I received mine back about seven weeks after handing it in.

I know that around Xmas- mid January both the person who deals with the level 2 paper in basc and the person at dmq had a period off sick and had a back log of Work.Don't think it matters how well your portfolio is still has to go through the same process as the rest.

Last edited:
Hello David, but you have not confirmed if you got your level 2 yet!!!, I sincerely hope you have by now, you certainly deserve it from what I saw at Greenlee

best regards Patrickt

Hi Patrick, yes received mines few months, glad it's done now can get out doing the proper piece of learning. Took my first buck of my first permission Sunday morning great stalk as well with wattygun of this site. Had a doe late evening start of march but stumbled apon her the buck was a classic spot and stalk lift his head ad stop as ad nearly no cover.head back down move in closer.

Hope all as well with you Patrick

Regards david

Must just be you then Matt !, they'll have heard you're a slow payer and given you a bit of the same treatment :lol:.

I'm not making excuses for BASC or any assessment centre that has delays but sometimes it is genuinely not the assessment centre's fault. The portfolio has to go through a few pairs of hands and it is easy for one person to get behind with illness or a misplaced portfolios. It could just be a case that your portfolio was the first on a guys mat for verifying and he only does them once say 10 has turned up so he can take a day at it. Then the next person did the same... maybe a person was ill and they just said he was busy to cover? who knows?

It's a pity it took ages and I'm sure BASC would be unhappy that you had to wait so long but the important thing is you passed!! Good man! :thumb:

I am sorry it took so long, but I have to agree with Paul above. We are also experiencing an unprecedented number of Portfolios comming in for assessment. There are several obvious reasons for this, with many leases comming up for renewal and new ones up for grabs in the near future in England. I have taken steps to increase the administrative support for the assessment centre. Although my advice to those still to submit, is get it in as soon as you can, particularly if you are relying on it for a lease or a syndicate place. Please dont expect your certificate the next day as it is not going to happen.

The DMQ website states that 'Assessment and verification can take up to 14 weeks from when you submit your portfolio (and may take even longer if, for example, there is evidence missing).'

If you PM me your details I will find out exactley why your portfolio was delayed and give you a detailed explanation either privately or to publish on this thread if you so wish

Many thanks, Peter

Back