Sako M591 varmint Optilock bases

Zeissman

Hi all,

After looking at the Optilock info online for bases to fit a Sako M591, I ordered some Sako short bases that finally arrived yesterday after a two week wait. Annoyingly, the front mount is too narrow and does not fit. Not ideal when I was hoping to get it assembled and zeroed for this weekend! Have I missed something? It doesn't say that I need different mounts for the varmint on the website. Any advice greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Z.

From a what I take . All Sako optiloc bases are the same fit. Doesn't matter if its s 75/85 or older models

Sure they haven't sent you tikka ones

Hi all,

After looking at the Optilock info online for bases to fit a Sako M591, I ordered some Sako short bases that finally arrived yesterday after a two week wait. Annoyingly, the front mount is too narrow and does not fit. Not ideal when I was hoping to get it assembled and zeroed for this weekend! Have I missed something? It doesn't say that I need different mounts for the varmint on the website. Any advice greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Z.

Have you got the base the correct way around? The bolt head that holds it to the rail is on the right hand of the rifle.

Back